Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

1 hour ago, buzzbomb said:

Affordable housing, job creation, mental health supports, addiction treatment all work to reduce crime, and those things are enabled by all levels of government.  Who you vote in as mayor or city counselor counts just like Crown ministers or party leaders.  Having a say in who represents you is the beautiful thing about democracy (just like carp.com 😉).  A quick scan of the world news drives the point home.

Totally agree, it was when I found out homelessness could be eradicated for a lot less than the cost of our failed track and trace app that the penny really dropped, capitalism relies on poverty and homelessness to sell the dream you can achieve great wealth,and live the dream, when the reality is the dice are loaded and being privileged from birth gives you a much better education and grounding, which is sadly lacking in underfunded state schools but this goverment relies on keeping people poor and stupid, so the  common man can make the elite richer through hard work for no real gain other than survival , 

The new line is now soaking for 24hrs, Sonik Camo SubSonik in 18lb this time. 

Will spool on in morning, then hopefully walk to the lake with Dog and bed the 3 rods in and the Spod/Marker also. 

Paying for my yearly ticket Friday, might try and get out for few hours Saturday morning but no promises. 

Then a few niggly bits like charge Ridgemonkey and get some new Duracells in Square, Double A and Triple A, for Delks, Radio, Head torches.... 

23 hours ago, Highy said:

The new line is now soaking for 24hrs, Sonik Camo SubSonik in 18lb this time. 

Will spool on in morning, then hopefully walk to the lake with Dog and bed the 3 rods in and the Spod/Marker also. 

Paying for my yearly ticket Friday, might try and get out for few hours Saturday morning but no promises. 

Then a few niggly bits like charge Ridgemonkey and get some new Duracells in Square, Double A and Triple A, for Delks, Radio, Head torches.... 

Off to the Lake now to bed in the lines, spooled on this morning.... But a very dark line this time compared to last Spool.... This is 18lb Camo

Screenshot_20220111_091136.thumb.jpg.8926229459f56e6a99f6397b32ed747f.jpgScreenshot_20220111_091219.thumb.jpg.7efecc9b02b14b420dcee54e00011723.jpgScreenshot_20220111_091146.thumb.jpg.c8f044ae7353d4de768dbda0cca5aa64.jpg

Last Spool 15lb Camo 

Screenshot_20210906_105603.thumb.jpg.9bebde5741f6ec528a67f7d26bf7b3b0.jpg

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Looks pretty nice that line, let me know how you get on with it 

It went on very well, casted very well, had a good bed in. 

Think Sonik do changes without saying, a mate got the 1st batch of Sonik AXS Bivvy, when I got mine it was alot darker, had no covers flaps over the rear vent zips... Found out they had upgraded there material for the bivvys, so he got a full new bivvy without the ribs.... 

Wowzzer, see Coventry Carp Baits is closing surprised by that as he did shift a bit, wonder if he will reopen as something else? I know getting good ingredients is silly money unless you import it  yourself but he was never that big with sales. think he may of had enough as well sometimes he used to look worn out? 

Nice guy great bait maker all about the food signals really does pull the fish in. 

Thought I'd have a looks at if I need anything before I go A D on Friday.... 

Ridgemonkey Light needed charging, only the 2nd time I've charged it in 12months.....

Thought I'd pimp some bait up abit more... 

Sticky Krill on Right, Sticky Manilla on Left. 

Screenshot_20220112_103724.thumb.jpg.321403be8560da74e80975b460428f7e.jpg

Put 1 of each in a dowl to see how they will settle... 

Screenshot_20220112_103735.thumb.jpg.1c4b93eb077f21b6a064b424fb2b8e0d.jpg

Giving a good cloud and and scent from them... If that's just 1 imagine a good handful? 😳😳

Screenshot_20220112_103803.thumb.jpg.3fd6b9a46ab34db954409ba49de55fd0.jpg

Screenshot_20220112_103826.thumb.jpg.5fc1994fd712758e435154f93e35359d.jpg

Just now, greekskii said:

I also needed to charge my RM light for the second time in 12 months after my friday night session. Weird coincidence!! 

Boilies look great, it's something I have toyed with in the past but never use with any consistency due to using the throwing stick a fair bit. coated baits dont go anywhere really. 

😅😅.... Brilliant Bivvy lights I think. 

Can't use a stick... Even if you paid me. I dabbled in coated Baits in small bits last year, but they will be on every session with me now, down the edge and out with the boat now. 

Was thinking going this Saturday, but looking like next Saturday with a mate now. 

Just now, greekskii said:

Definitely. I rarely use it, I prefer to only use my headtorch on red when necessary or citronella tealights through summer but these winter night sessions you need some light so you dont fall asleep! 😂

Haha, I rarely sleep on a night / 24hr, lucky I get 6hrs now during week. 

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I think I must be overcharging my RM light , I charge it nearly everytime I go, I love a red light setting I do, just nice to see a bit and not let it blind you, 

The boilies look good Highy mucky but nice 👍

I understand that rechargeable batteries can develop a memory. After several "short" charges all they'll accept is just that. It's good to run them completely flat then soak charge. Apparently.

Ian.

Right, going to the local park lake Saturday Morning until about 3pm (ish) 

With this cold weather where would you guys start?... 

Screenshot_20220118_153847.thumb.jpg.b8751449ca702e380b34535f453fa3b7.jpg

Yellow line is Fishing side only, you do get the odd 1/2 trying luck on other side, not really supposed to fish more than half way, but we do to the tree line, Blue line. 

Red circle is about 2-3ft in depth, Green circle is about 4ft in depth, Pink circle is 5ft but I know 1 part of it right at back drops to 6ft deep to a 6ft channel gully. 

ALL the lake is covered in silt all the way across (about 1 1/2ft) I've actually walked across the middle of the lake in my waders. 

The orange lines are old sunken Jettys that used to be there. They still feed the ducks here EVERYDAY. 

Anywhere on this lake is decent but the fish do really love the sun when it's out and the depths/snags at night. 

Heard only about 5/6 fish have been out in last few weeks.... So based on this week's weather, would would you guys start.

9 minutes ago, Highy said:

With this cold weather where would you guys start?... 

Bang in the middle @ 4ft with one on a a bright pop up and the others on zigs @ 2 and 3 ft. Near the sunken jettys. Eyes peeled as they'll almost certainly be shoaled up somewhere. If you spot one get all the rods in that area. Good luck buddy.

1 minute ago, yonny said:

Bang in the middle @ 4ft with one on a a bright pop up and the others on zigs @ 2 and 3 ft. Near the sunken jettys. Eyes peeled as they'll almost certainly be shoaled up somewhere. If you spot one get all the rods in that area. Good luck buddy.

Only fishing 2 rods, deffo 1 on a pop up... Just can't wait be out 

33 minutes ago, yonny said:

I know it doesn't get light until about 7.30/8 am, but I'll be there for about 6am...

Pop Ups will either be Sticky White/Yellow Manilla, Pink Krill in Krill Supreme, Yellow Pineapple in Pineapple Supreme + Isotonic, Sticky Mulbz in Korda Isotonic Goo. 

ALL my Zig baits are soaking in Hinders Golden Betalin. 

got the urge to get out myself which is unusual for me this early, might get it all ready to go for the next warmer spell we have. still not sure where to fish, fancy something like bluebells or stanwicks. also put a application in for a syndi but as i listed welly as a previous my chances are slim due to the big capital letters zero smokers policy lol,  such a backward country we live in.  welly lakes is a classic example of the British attitude in general, it is tolerated up until you cross a line then it's not tolerated. 

Not that i would but i could look into a discrimination case, a guy just got paid out for losing his job due to being a legal smoker, imagine banning a legal opioid user from your lakes, never happen, think i have even mentioned on here before about having to get paracetamol while out as i don't normally take the pills i'm prescribed as they are very strong, i hate the things, even had the Dr lolling, asked if they had some that don't block you up.  so annoyed still, i don't even smoke what non smokers call skunk i avoid it due to it being too intense for long term use.

7 hours ago, Jone5y said:

Thinking about dusting off the old carp gear after about 6 years or not touching it at all.

Don't just think about it......do it!

Welcome home, Jonesy. Bit of a reunion vibe going on in the last few days. Firstly Tim (Newmarket) now yourself returning to the fold.

Oh, do you still hang toilet rolls the "wrong" way round to perplex people?

Ian.

Hi Ian, I hope you are well. In my hiatus, I went a bit off the rails and ended up going to university at the ripe old age of 27. Whilst there, an Albanian girl thought it would be a wise idea to hide my teaspoon (not a euphemism). Suffice to say that when she found her own teaspoon embedded into the centre of a hollowed out cucumber - again, not a euphemism - she realised she was dealing with a professional. She conceded immediately and I am now, in my own mind, the world champion.

I don't spitefully hang toilet roll incorrectly anymore. However, I have been known to turn a microwave upside down to see how long it takes people to realise - you'd be surprised at my results.

Although I'm becoming interested in carp fishing again, it seems that finding unkempt and underfished lakes is getting increasingly difficult which is making me hesitant. I suspect there is a few little unearthed gems on some cheap club tickets, especially given I don't really care about the size of the carp.