Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

LOL, who knew i had a book in me just banged out three chapters of a comedy novel i keep threatening to write, i was pleasantly shocked by my proof readers reaction, they were wetting themselves laughing, i'm just working on a hooker character i would love to add, based on a real person, proper wild woman, i know of guys that have been to see her and upon getting in and seeing the state they pay up and leave she really is nasty but so are the blokes that call in, she don't wash or shower for weeks at a time, it is what she offers saddleless cheap as chips. 

It's a mix of different characters i have meet over the years, going back to when i was picture selling for the travelers to my time at the hostel as a amuture social worker, i could fill a book with the goings on in that place. 

It has murders, sex, drugs, all set in rural england the book is aimed at female readers , all names have been slightly changed to protect my pitiful bank balance, might finish it as a short and publish as a free to read on-line book, sod it if shelly can do it so can I, yes there is carp angling in it too but i'm hoping it will be more a character non anglers could understand without too much actual angling background. we will see.  

So far it reads like a neive lad from the shires visiting the modern world, with a solid theme with which i can add different highly exaggerated characters.  

Still nothing from Dogs trust it's the last time i try if i don't get ben and sam i'v been offered a Jack x merle collie pup be ready mid jan. 😎

1 hour ago, Highy said:

When using a helicopter rig, is this OK to do...?  but not with maggots... Chops, Full, pellets.... 

Screenshot_20211218_221514.thumb.jpg.3877347a25220905cd23876c765f40ff.jpg

Using the Korda Tubing Heli Safe kit, but not dropping the lead. 

Reckon the hook would get caught in bag? or would it be OK for close in work? 

The one on the left I would change the lead for a inline and tie the leader to a big eye swivel pulling it back into the lead then use a pva mesh attaching it to the eye of the swivel nicking the hook bait carefully in the mesh. I like the ESP pva mesh seems to have a tighter weave helps slowdown the maggots from escaping. No problem casting 22 wraps. The one on the right just put a pva nugget on around the hook… I would defo have some maggots above tbe pop ups tho … sorry for the long winded reply but the Rum is kicking in  🥃 

2 minutes ago, B B said:

The one on the left I would change the lead for a inline and tie the leader to a big eye swivel pulling it back into the lead then use a pva mesh attaching it to the eye of the swivel nicking the hook bait carefully in the mesh. I like the ESP pva mesh seems to have a tighter weave helps slowdown the maggots from escaping. No problem casting 22 wraps. The one on the right just put a pva nugget on around the hook… I would defo have some maggots above tbe pop ups tho … sorry for the long winded reply but the Rum is kicking in  🥃 

Found it while having a browse and got me thinking.... 

Do like a rum or 2 myself... Only Artemi Honey Run though. 

13 hours ago, Highy said:

Spod Reel loaded with 40lb Spider Braid, 3kilo of each Krill and Manilla in a seperate bucket with Matching glug and Stik Mix, couple of Ronnie claws made up, some particle rigs made up, Just need a Sonik Sleeve now put Spod Rod in 😁

Had a good tidy and clean out of unit, new Alarm Sensor fitted too. 

IMG_20211218_150412.thumb.jpg.f1005dba34bf0c4d6391bc51589a4a0d.jpg

I keep all my gear in the house bar the nets and mat not risking it and i live in a low crime area these days, got robbed years back a house break in when i was living in a old two up two down in the city centre, very strange, got up in the morning early and i would put the telly on just the news in the background, that morning i was stood in front of where the telly would of been and nothing is registering for a good 30 seconds also emptied my fridge and bathroom stuff, missed the 30 quid cash and a quarter of hash i had in a draw in the living room, amutrers., too scared to put a light on.

2 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

I keep all my gear in the house bar the nets and mat not risking it and i live in a low crime area these days, got robbed years back a house break in when i was living in a old two up two down in the city centre, very strange, got up in the morning early and i would put the telly on just the news in the background, that morning i was stood in front of where the telly would of been and nothing is registering for a good 30 seconds also emptied my fridge and bathroom stuff, missed the 30 quid cash and a quarter of hash i had in a draw in the living room, amutrers., too scared to put a light on.

Were only in a 2 bed semi, no room inside either.... Was either in this or mi nans garage, (Only up road).... But its been alright so far, all covered on house insurance and insured on the bank too... 

4 hours ago, Highy said:

Were only in a 2 bed semi, no room inside either.... Was either in this or mi nans garage, (Only up road).... But its been alright so far, all covered on house insurance and insured on the bank too... 

That's how pitiful my tackle was back then they left it :oops: one of the rods was a custom float rod had the canal at the end of the street, it was my dads house but he was hardly there be out on his boat or at his mrs, we had a flat in hillfields before that never got a touch and i used to run that place like fagans hang out 🥳 

Yes happy new year to you all hope its a good one. 

I popped the question this morning, and my wife from del monte she said yes

Now I am frantically scrambling round defrosting bait and charging stuff up, for a cheeky overnight one, it's going to be a slight race against the darkness but will be so nice to be out again I can't wait, woooooooooooohoooooooo

27 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Now I am frantically scrambling round defrosting bait and charging stuff up, for a cheeky overnight one, it's going to be a slight race against the darkness but will be so nice to be out again I can't wait, woooooooooooohoooooooo

Nice one mate, a cracking start to the new year, good luck I hope you start the new year with a chunky one.😁👍🎣

Happy New year to everyone and I hope it's a good one for everyone and you're family's. 

I certainly hope me and my family have a better one, The end of 2021 wasn't a good one for me and mine, I've been quiet about it but my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in September, so the fight goes on. Everything is looking good though. So here's to a good one for us all and our families. 👍

43 minutes ago, finchey said:

Happy New year to everyone and I hope it's a good one for everyone and you're family's. 

I certainly hope me and my family have a better one, The end of 2021 wasn't a good one for me and mine, I've been quiet about it but my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in September, so the fight goes on. Everything is looking good though. So here's to a good one for us all and our families. 👍

Sad to hear that mate, but I hope it all goes well for you this year and she gets the all clear, just remember it's always good to talk about things, even if you don't think you are struggling, it always helps to spread the load, 

All the best 

Elmo 

Happy New Year all... 

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Congratulations Elmo, deserve a 48hr that... 

1 hour ago, finchey said:

Hope all goes well to the start of this year 🤞🤞

1 hour ago, finchey said:

Positive thoughts going to you and yours mate for the new year  👍

29 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Got my car loaded, just ready to leave, flipping car won't start, 😭😭😭😭😭

This is still 2021 isn't it? 

Thanks for the reminder, I have to go plug in my block heater for a few hours if I want to go anywhere today; it's -35 this morning.  Naturally, if you need a new battery every place is closed for New Year's....  Happy New Year everyone!