Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

2 hours ago, yonny said:

Who's upset you @Carpbell_ll?

The gaffer of the lakes the guy us just arrogant beyond belief its  one thing to take the [censored] on fishing, but to call someone up and demand a explanation on how comes I do three day sessions and then follow up with a comment on a family member the guy has never meet is going way over the line, he knows I'm leaving in the morning and sacking the place, see if he wants  to call in before then. He has always been a bit off with me got a problem with me being a carer for a relative  something I tend to keep to myself due to people like this. 

Anyone know of a decent syndicate that allows dole scroungers in lol, stances here I come hope that 250 a year includes night fishing, not too clear on the Web site. 

Do men and I use the term very loosely have a menopause. Swear never seen anything like it. 

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Anyone know of a decent syndicate that allows dole scroungers in lol, stances here I come hope that 250 a year includes night fishing, not too clear on the Web site. 

Do men and I use the term very loosely have a menopause. Swear never seen anything like it. 

Sounds to me like he is a right prick, how long have you got left on your ticket? I had an issue with a previous syndicate owner, totally ruins your fishing tbh, a place you used to be able to relax just becomes a place you don't want to be at anymore, which is a shame, don't do anything rash yet, try and stay calm and wait though he probably wants you to react, 

Hope you catch the biggun tonight 👍

5 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

I’m at a lose to what’s what but I wouldn’t have it carpbel

Basically I texted the lake owner yesterday morning to let him know what I had out and that I had seen what I call the lucky mink, got a phone call about an hour later asking a few vague questions about the mink as it has been smashing the wildlife nothing new, then out the blue it was, so you are off today, no mate got another day to do I said,  oh don't  you work, yes mate you know that I'm a personal  carer nvq qualified, well who is with the person now, like that is a concern of mine when I'm out fishing. So sasuges to it I'm off in a bit, that might seem strange  to some I gusse but I have been down this line of questions before from people it always comes from personal biais, end of the day I have had my entire life reviewed by just about every civil service you can think of so I don't  know why your average guy on the street also needs to act the amateur civil servant. 

2 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Basically I texted the lake owner yesterday morning to let him know what I had out and that I had seen what I call the lucky mink, got a phone call about an hour later asking a few vague questions about the mink as it has been smashing the wildlife nothing new, then out the blue it was, so you are off today, no mate got another day to do I said,  oh don't  you work, yes mate you know that I'm a personal  carer nvq qualified, well who is with the person now, like that is a concern of mine when I'm out fishing. So sasuges to it I'm off in a bit, that might seem strange  to some I gusse but I have been down this line of questions before from people it always comes from personal biais, end of the day I have had my entire life reviewed by just about every civil service you can think of so I don't  know why your average guy on the street also needs to act the amateur civil servant. 

Sounds like some jealous member has been bending his ear about you doing 3 nights because he cant, if you can just don't let it bother you, keep your head down and crack on with it, don't report anything to him and see how he is with you to your face next time you see him 

On 16/05/2021 at 17:57, Highy said:

Lad just been to JMO Foitball in Skelmersdale this afternoon to do a Trial.... He's got to play for North West England of England now... Got chosen to go back for an 8 week training, then if successful through that, plays for England in Barcelona next year.

Quick update, 

Little en went for his 1st training session on Sunday (just gone), he is GUARANTEED a place in the England / NW England Team in Barcelona April 2022.

He now goes every 2 weeks for a 2hr session with England Grass-Roots GK Coach until March 2022, but every 8weeks they've requested £50 (which I don't mind) for Insurance, Coaching, Amenities, Snacks & Refreshments. 

Hopefully retire at 40 😁😁

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Quick update, 

Little en went for his 1st training session on Sunday (just gone), he is GUARANTEED a place in the England / NW England Team in Barcelona April 2022.

He now goes every 2 weeks for a 2hr session with England Grass-Roots GK Coach until March 2022, but every 8weeks they've requested £50 (which I don't mind) for Insurance, Coaching, Amenities, Snacks & Refreshments. 

Hopefully retire at 40 😁😁

You must very proud of him…best of luck to him… and you on your early retirement  🤞

4 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

Do I know this guy - seems strangely familiar?

4 hours ago, yonny said:

You certainly do mate 😂

strangely enough had a lot of respect for the guy what he has done with those lakes, is how a carp lake should be. this is my last year on them prices have more than doubled since i joined, up to 590 a year now, few of the long-term members are said to be leaving this year due to the prison reopening it is huge one of those super jails, i have a feeling he will go day ticket on a booking system  like the monument and other similar lakes.  i wonder if my opinion on bait boats got aired, just about every angler on there is using a bait boat  to get to places you just couldn't cast to, under trees into the reeds. it's getting rare to see a rod cast.  all used with the reason don't have  the time to fish a hand cast rod. 

think it must be getting to him having to blow smoke up the backside of boat anglers when they have a multiple catch from round the back of a island. 

i found to lovely feeding bowls in the silted up margin swim had a nice fish off one, talking to to guys  about the peg, neither of them new about the close in feeding spots, too busy fishing to the same spots the last man had a fish from. 

i  liked the guy as a lake owner, it is not the first time he has done this sometimes he is alright the next day he might say something really... well not with theses swear filters. 

i did have a falling out with the resident doorman gym bunny of all people, i call him blackballed, as he said he would get me blackballed due to me rocking up next to him when he as fishing two pegs and asking him to pick one. that was in my first year. 

5 hours ago, jh92 said:

Been doing 12 hour shifts from 4.30am each day this week, feeling it pretty bad since I’ve been out of work since January 😭😂 will have enough wedge to buy a nice bait boat and some bait when I get paid 😆 😂

I got enough wedge in the bank for a boat, still not getting one or sling Jim shelly size Bait portions at them, it's not angling it is feeding . The art of hunting is all about the cast be that with dogs or rod and line don't let any of those RC guys tell you any different every fish caught with a boat is as good as foul hooked.

Think from now on in I will have to do some squealing they really shouldn't  be putting those boats under trees and what not, fish welfare and all that.  😇

7 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

I got enough wedge in the bank for a boat, still not getting one or sling Jim shelly size Bait portions at them, it's not angling it is feeding . The art of hunting is all about the cast be that with dogs or rod and line don't let any of those RC guys tell you any different every fish caught with a boat is as good as foul hooked.

Think from now on in I will have to do some squealing they really shouldn't  be putting those boats under trees and what not, fish welfare and all that.  😇

I'm having 2nd thoughts about mine, still in its box unused May try to off load it. 

16 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

I have no issue with prebaiting, its a very useful tool, if I had the money I would probably do it more and heavier as its a massive advantage done well 

I do know what you mean about boats though,people take all sorts of risks with them, although I can also see the advantages of owning one, like stealth being the main one, and prebaiting with a boat would be really useful rather than letting everyone know your spots when they hear you spombing the granny out the place 😂

i'm half messing around with that above post we can all justify what and why we use and i wouldn't sequel if i witnessed a murder never mind a bit of dodgy boat use, not my conscience not my problem, i will say if you ever kill one of the a team on a lake due to bad snag fishing it ill hit you hard, i nearly did it a few years back  and it was to a spot i could cast to, the fish is or was the biggest in the the lake a very special fish, just after spawning in a lake with a fair few large males, this poor fish really had had a hard time, then me doing the photos nearly finished it off, took me multiple hours to get the fish right and back swimming it has been caught twice since then but has not been seen in a while now, it is more than likely still in there the fish in the lakes will only eat naturals for years at a time, i have seen large fish spook on bait. 

7 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Whatever floats your boat mate.

I won’t lose any sleep over using one or the merit of capture. I enjoy catching carp and will use anything I can to help me catch more 😀

4 hours ago, jh92 said:

Whatever floats your boat mate.

I won’t lose any sleep over using one or the merit of capture. I enjoy catching carp and will use anything I can to help me catch more 😀

bait boats on large waters is a must when they spend most of there time out of realistic casting range  i do believe you fish large waters so a boat of some sort would be needed, my views on boats is due to only fishing small snaggy waters, the last thing you should see is a bait boat they are not being used to fish open water they go under trees and around the back of islands as far as they dare, most aren't even set up for snag fishing pods and slack clutches tells you all you need to know really.

9 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

bait boats on large waters is a must when they spend most of there time out of realistic casting range  i do believe you fish large waters so a boat of some sort would be needed, my views on boats is due to only fishing small snaggy waters, the last thing you should see is a bait boat they are not being used to fish open water they go under trees and around the back of islands as far as they dare, most aren't even set up for snag fishing pods and slack clutches tells you all you need to know really.

I get what you are saying mate I don’t fish snags anyway, a lot of the waters I fish you ain’t allowed to use them, I guess like you say people using them to put baits where they shouldn’t be.

I want one for a little pond I fish, the island has overgrown and you can’t get a lead to it without hitting the trees that are over hanging (not into the water) and if you start doing several casts to get it right you will spook the fish out of the swim and they won’t return for ages lol. 

a 11m baiting pole might do it from a couple swims but might as well spend the extra and get a boat, I think I will enjoy using it too 😆 but yeah it’s not for all my fishing, just for the tricky pond I sometimes fish 👍