Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

6 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Just go for it, you might get lucky this time 👍

I’m having some really bad luck with the carp at the moment 😂 had one bump off at the res 2 sessions ago.

Then went yesterday evening for a few hours to a small fenced lake, had a run and went into a snag on the corner of the island🤦‍♂️ I’m just pleased I managed to get my rig etc back and not snapping off on the fish.

Gonna go ago this evening and try again 👍

2 hours ago, jh92 said:

I’m having some really bad luck with the carp at the moment 😂 had one bump off at the res 2 sessions ago.

Then went yesterday evening for a few hours to a small fenced lake, had a run and went into a snag on the corner of the island🤦‍♂️ I’m just pleased I managed to get my rig etc back and not snapping off on the fish.

Gonna go ago this evening and try again 👍

Not going won't make it any better though bud, get out while you can good luck  👍 

5 hours ago, elmoputney said:

They did mine right in my shoulder, still hurts 2 days later I swear it went straight into bone or something, 

Yeah mate when I had my first jab my arm was pretty soar for a few days. The jab I had this morning I didn’t even feel the needle go in, couple hours later on starting to get a dead arm feeling. 😂

fished for 3 hours this morning fish didn’t want to know, all basking on the surface, so came home for a few hours and will go back about 5ish.

Yesterday evening seemed like bite time, the lad next swim down from me had 2 while I was fishing so will try the same time again today 👍

29 minutes ago, jh92 said:

Fished until 11 last night...blank 😭 thinking about buying one of them bait boats with sonar on it 😂😂 

COVID jab has made me feel well rough today, headache, whole body is stiff/aching, feels like a got a bad cold 🤷‍♂️😂

Often thought the same but have you ever seen a Bait boat and sonar dude leaving the lake after a good blank, not a happy look at all🦷

24 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Often thought the same but have you ever seen a Bait boat and sonar dude leaving the lake after a good blank, not a happy look at all🦷

It’s making me question everything mate.

Same bait and the day before when I had a take, sticky krill. I know it works.

I had the fish in front of me last night I seen several carp, just don’t understand why they didn’t get their heads down.

my baits are going on some hard spots, about a foot off the island. I’m wondering if it’s because I’m not getting it close enough.. bait boat would help 👍😂

Then in questioning the rigs I’m using, I’ve recently made a change. I’ve been trying out a slip D rig with a bait screw. It was nailing the bream every time on res. If it’s hooking them well enough, shouldn’t be a problem hooking the carp?

Might have to go back to the basic knotless knot rig for bottom baits and try that again lol

3 minutes ago, jh92 said:

It’s making me question everything mate.

Same bait and the day before when I had a take, sticky krill. I know it works.

I had the fish in front of me last night I seen several carp, just don’t understand why they didn’t get their heads down.

my baits are going on some hard spots, about a foot off the island. I’m wondering if it’s because I’m not getting it close enough.. bait boat would help 👍😂

Then in questioning the rigs I’m using, I’ve recently made a change. I’ve been trying out a slip D rig with a bait screw. It was nailing the bream every time on res. If it’s hooking them well enough, shouldn’t be a problem hooking the carp?

Might have to go back to the basic knotless knot rig for bottom baits and try that again lol

Guys your probably not doing nothing wrong the carp gremlins got a hold of you by the sounds of it  don’t put no bait in fish a single 

18 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

Guys your probably not doing nothing wrong the carp gremlins got a hold of you by the sounds of it  don’t put no bait in fish a single 

Its very annoying mate 😂 when I had the take I was using the less is more approach, I was fishing the bottom bait with 4 boilies around it. I’m gonna try singles next time 👍

I think I've got a solution for the Self takes.... 

Anyone seen them "Ring Lights" lad has 1 and thinking of using for the night shots.... OMG there bright. 

IMG_20210701_083114.thumb.jpg.2324df63270fd2bd966f4468a7317f91.jpg

The halo tube is the bulb/light, it runs of USB so power pack can be plugged in when picture to be taken, it has White Red Green Blue solid lights, you can also mix all the colours like a rainbow, 4 different brightness settings. 

The phone holder is in the middle, think I should use with Whistle App

Tripod adjusts to different levels. 

Might give it a whirl tomorrow night. 

1 minute ago, Highy said:

Anyone seen them "Ring Lights" lad has 1 and thinking of using for the night shots.... OMG there bright. 

The halo tube is the bulb/light, it runs of USB so power pack can be plugged in when picture to be taken, it has White Red Green Blue solid lights, you can also mix all the colours like a rainbow, 4 different brightness settings. 

The futures bright the light is highly 😂😂

13 hours ago, Highy said:

Just watch out for aeroplanes landing in your swim  

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Felt sorry for Ali, 2 weeks on bank and was looking like a Blank, then pulls out Fish of a lifetime. 

Cracking fish mate

1 hour ago, B B said:

The planing that goes into there trips must be immense…I wish him all the best now he’s left Korda  👍

I know right, some of the places they fish is amazing. 

sane, I think it will be interesting to see what happens in the future 👍

1 hour ago, Highy said:

I did watch his interview on Cypography, didn't really want to give anything away I thought. 

I saw that too, seems a big decision he's made but I'm sure he will make it work, he has taken Pete Castle with him also, I listened to his korda podcast the other week, very interesting bloke, 

Monster carp was brilliant, great episode, some of those fish were mega, 

8 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

seems a big decision he's made

Indeed. I'm not sure we're told the full story.

Tom Dove was made a director of Korda a couple of days after Ali left. Not sure what to make of that. I'm pretty sure if Ali had been offered a directorship he'd have not left. I guess they (Korda) are attempting to prevent Tom form joining Ali. But a bit of a kick in the teeth to Ali in the process.

25 minutes ago, yonny said:

Indeed. I'm not sure we're told the full story.

Tom Dove was made a director of Korda a couple of days after Ali left. Not sure what to make of that. I'm pretty sure if Ali had been offered a directorship he'd have not left. I guess they (Korda) are attempting to prevent Tom form joining Ali. But a bit of a kick in the teeth to Ali in the process.

Pretty much what I heard mate .... Ali wanted to be made a director & when it was not forth coming decided to leave.  Like you say though making Tom one after , must be a kick in the teeth.