Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

1 minute ago, jh92 said:

The catty is no good for me, I always end up getting a slap on my knuckles from the pouch 😂 the stick is good but I done 3kg 16mm with it on my last session I think any more than a kilo I will use a spomb in future 😂

I'm the same with a catty i wack my knuckles and the boilies go about 3 feet.😂🤣😂

i'm too old for nights out drinking that's for sure, took the mrs out keep her happy for when i head back onto the lakes started on the bottles of hob goblin gold, nice beer tastes like a strong shandy then we got onto the baileys followed by a bottle of red not a good mix i hate booze as it is that dehydrated feel the next day is just horrid, think next time she wants a night out i will get a young lad in to spin her round the town, i can get on with my bait rolling then.  

39 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

i'm too old for nights out drinking that's for sure, took the mrs out keep her happy for when i head back onto the lakes started on the bottles of hob goblin gold, nice beer tastes like a strong shandy then we got onto the baileys followed by a bottle of red not a good mix i hate booze as it is that dehydrated feel the next day is just horrid, think next time she wants a night out i will get a young lad in to spin her round the town, i can get on with my bait rolling then.  

I can’t handle it anymore lol in my late teens early 20s we used to go out all night and go to the pub the next day for breakfast and a pint with no sleep and continue drinking to the night lol. Go to work on a Monday morning and sweat the hangover out by lunch.

Just thinking about it gives me borderline anxiety attacks 😂

If I go out just for a night now I will be sofa bound the whole day afterwards and feel rough for about 3 days.

I go about once or twice a year now that’s enough for me 😂

3 hours ago, jh92 said:

Brilliant 😆 hopefully you get one by the end 👍

My arm is in bits this morning I can barely grip a coffee I think I’ve over done it with the throwing stick 😭sticking to the spomb next time 😂

If you want to create a spread but don't want to use the throwing stick,get a tfg airbomb, they take a little getting used to but once you do it's a good tool to use that's just a bit different to a spomb 

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

I don't feel that great today, we tried every ale they had in stock last night and for some reason a couple of apple sourz 😁

52 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I don't feel that great today, we tried every ale they had in stock last night and for some reason a couple of apple sourz 😁

i'm never drinking that sourz again next door got a bottle out last summer first one was alright then we slammed the rest of the bottle on top of several cans of carling i was battered when i left next doors mrs went mad at her fella he really can drink and i kept up  not good on a hot afternoon. 

8 hours ago, elmoputney said:

If you want to create a spread but don't want to use the throwing stick,get a tfg airbomb, they take a little getting used to but once you do it's a good tool to use that's just a bit different to a spomb 

Might have to mate, they got them pretty cheap in gooutdoors  at the moment. It’s just working out how to get it on your area if that makes sense lol.

I’ve got the bug bad, I want to get out again, considering either going to a 81 acre reservoir or go back to the one I was at last time. The one I was at last time has a nice bank, lots of trees etc with a load of 20s to 38 just a lovely place to be and the 81 is a massive open reservoir that has such a blow going across it people go wind sailing or whatever it’s called lol but yeah the wind gets that bad you have like little waves crashing on the shore spraying foam stuff at ya brolly 😆😂 Again very good head of 20s up to 45 I believe. Might have to flip a coin 😂😂

12 hours ago, finchey said:

I'm the same with a catty i wack my knuckles and the boilies go about 3 feet.😂🤣😂

Happy farthers day guys hope it’s been a good one   I rescued a young buzzard after hitting it with the car late last night took it to the raptor sanctuary hopefully a few days should be able to release it 

AEB285E8-0D69-4020-96A4-79DD6B6AD580.jpeg

C0941ABB-C0C8-4294-96A5-B47CE8CFA0C7.jpeg

E213328C-ABE9-48EC-8066-37A4DBDB5824.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

Happy farthers day guys hope it’s been a good one   I rescued a young buzzard after hitting it with the car late last night took it to the raptor sanctuary hopefully a few days should be able to release it 

AEB285E8-0D69-4020-96A4-79DD6B6AD580.jpeg

C0941ABB-C0C8-4294-96A5-B47CE8CFA0C7.jpeg

E213328C-ABE9-48EC-8066-37A4DBDB5824.jpeg

I hope he or she makes a full recovery, stunning looking birds. 🙂👍

24 minutes ago, jh92 said:

Might have to mate, they got them pretty cheap in gooutdoors  at the moment. It’s just working out how to get it on your area if that makes sense lol.

I’ve got the bug bad, I want to get out again, considering either going to a 81 acre reservoir or go back to the one I was at last time. The one I was at last time has a nice bank, lots of trees etc with a load of 20s to 38 just a lovely place to be and the 81 is a massive open reservoir that has such a blow going across it people go wind sailing or whatever it’s called lol but yeah the wind gets that bad you have like little waves crashing on the shore spraying foam stuff at ya brolly 😆😂 Again very good head of 20s up to 45 I believe. Might have to flip a coin 😂😂

They take a bit of getting used to watch all the vids on you tube, I tend to go with 2.5 to 3 rod lengths shorter than the spot, you just have to cast it as if you want to hit the spot and it pults the bait all over the area, 

According to the scales I got 23.5kg of particle and and 7kg in total of boilies for a 3 possibly 4 day session starting tomorrow 👍😂

Still undecided where I’m going to go, got 2 reservoirs in mind. Both decent stocks and lots of 20s and fish close to 40.

one is about 80 acres the other is 91. Will have to decide in the morning 😂

Gone to the 91 acre reservoir. Started spombing bait out and along came two swans. They keep trying to attack me when I fill the spomb up they want the particles in my bait bucket 😂

splashed water at it to make it go away but it only made it angrier and now every time I go into the water it starts coming at me 😂😂😂

caught 1 bream within 10 minutes of rod being out 👍😂

34 minutes ago, jh92 said:

Gone to the 91 acre reservoir. Started spombing bait out and along came two swans. They keep trying to attack me when I fill the spomb up they want the particles in my bait bucket 😂

splashed water at it to make it go away but it only made it angrier and now every time I go into the water it starts coming at me 😂😂😂

caught 1 bream within 10 minutes of rod being out 👍😂

I spent some time with the weed rakes yesterday, now I am not. Even sure I want to fish that lake or swim tomorrow 🤔 

I think I am going to just have a good walk round and decide when I see something, I did my tigers yesterday and for some reason I felt I needed an extra bucket of pigeon Conditioner, I think I decided i hadn't gone in heavy enough or something so some swim will be getting some tomorrow 😂

27 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I spent some time with the weed rakes yesterday, now I am not. Even sure I want to fish that lake or swim tomorrow 🤔 

I think I am going to just have a good walk round and decide when I see something, I did my tigers yesterday and for some reason I felt I needed an extra bucket of pigeon Conditioner, I think I decided i hadn't gone in heavy enough or something so some swim will be getting some tomorrow 😂

Always the way mate lol. Even if you don’t fish you could pre bait with it all and go back the following day 😆 

Done about 50 spombs so far, gonna rebait the rods in a min so will put some more out again 👍

All the carp I can see that are rolling are at the top end of the reservoir in the out of bounds / nature reserve. I’m as close as I can get to them so putting a load of bait out and hopefully they pass down this way come across it 😂

5 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

The buzzard went back safely and while it was there another young buzzard joined it and they flew off togeather so I’m a happy man and had two carp yesterday from the park lake but can’t print the pics as publicity ban one was an unknown 30 so big smile’s on my face today 

Brilliant mate sounds like you and the buzzard has both had a right result 👍👍 

the reason why engineers don't make good doctors is exemplified below.

drove to the shop yesterday on the way i get a knocking in what i thought was the driver side wheel gear so i gets home because it was bad and come on all of a sudden, whipped the driver side wheel off, inspected all the ball joints and bushings i was expecting to find  problem with  the wheel bearings if not the rubber bits, but nothing i'm really annoyed by this point, so i go to take the other side wheel off and right in front of my face was a massive bolt head screw in the tyre lol the head was that big it was causing a knocking coming up through the steering , a doctor would of spotted that straight off the bat, damn bolt was huge, my tyre as good as ate it.