Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

Think I've  got auto trader burn out, found the chevy trax which is a Duster/Mokka from chevy although they look OK i doubt they have a large millage in them.

Japanese is looking good in a Outlander I've seen them with 250000 on the clock still selling the same car can be found as a pug 4007 or a Renault both with the pug diesel engine the 2.0l from Mitsubishi is the trusty VW engine. 

Plenty of CRV about for fair money running costs are a bit high, looks like it might be the outlander eventually.

A van would be handy but she gets a say too that's why the Chevy trax got half a thought soon dismissed that one. she wants to call my chosen ford fusion a spam can.  cheap rattling dashboards found in the chevy puts it on the no list. 

Well...from the car chaos last week to this week...

Leaking window lint above living room window into house...

Between the bedroom and living room window over the years the Mortar has corroded....so guess what I'm doin today / tomorrow / all week...Repointing front of the house and gonna try and seal in with Water/Weather proof sealant cream 😭😭😭

12 hours ago, Highy said:

.Repointing front of the house and gonna try and seal in with Water/Weather proof sealant cream

Sort the guttering out, repoint with 4 in 1. I wouldn't apply water repellent on until the end of summer, allow the bricks to dry out. If you stop evaporation externally, guess which side the damp comes out??? If its a solid wall highy, consider putting a mesh cavity membrane, dot n dab plasterboard to that. Good luck mate

11 hours ago, commonly said:

Sort the guttering out, repoint with 4 in 1. I wouldn't apply water repellent on until the end of summer, allow the bricks to dry out. If you stop evaporation externally, guess which side the damp comes out??? If its a solid wall highy, consider putting a mesh cavity membrane, dot n dab plasterboard to that. Good luck mate

This is what I love about this forum everyone except the odd troll is so very helpful. 😁👍

13 hours ago, commonly said:

Gonna look at the gutters over weekend if not too bad weather...

That's a good point about the time of application..👍

In the middle of Repointing between bedroom and living room window where it's worse....our front of the house ALWAYS bears the brunt of the weather...

1 hour ago, finchey said:

This is what I love about this forum everyone except the odd troll is so very helpful. 😁👍

Ain't you lot Greeeaaaaatttt... 🐅

On 09/02/2020 at 14:05, elmoputney said:

Personally I think if you want something reliable you need German or Japanese really, 

That's more or less what my garage said before I bought my CRV .

The garages' recommendations were based on the amount of times the various manufacturers' cars came in with problems .

The garage recommended anything Japanese , Volvos and others I can't remember , but not Smart cars .  

Personally, I was advised by a mechanic a while back. Look at what the taxi drivers use. 

My previous motor was a passat, great motor, just needed bigger for work. I've had a Vito for the past 5 years,  love it. Paid about £5k, no major issues, now has 315K on the clock. Hoping to trade it in for a newer model next year, if we get a good SCRAPPAGE scheme with this ULEZ

ULEZ is a scam of he worst kind have you seen the size of some of the cars they are putting a 1 litre engine in maybe i'm missing something but those little engines don't last to long in a heavy car.

It will only be a problem for diesel motors any petrol car after 2006 should be ok in the silly zone diesels have to be 2015 onward but that could change.

Looking at the the KIA sportarge at the mo but want a diesel so will have to see what's what. could be some good deals coming up.

Edited by Carpbell_ll

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

ULEZ is a scam of he worst kind

For real! Just got PCN. Last week I forgot to pay up in time. The auto pay won't work for some unknown reason. Anyway £80 FOR CC!! THEN ANOTHER £80 FOR ULEZ??? I AM BLEEPING BLEEPING FIZZED OFF!! 

This government outlawed Wonga and the like, for extortionate inflation. Well look at this scheme £24 on the day, £26.50 the day after, then after that it's £160??????????? I am fuming😠🤬😠🤬😠🤬😠🤬😠🤬😠🤬😠🤬🤬😠

All for nothing not even paper work lol, they are putting those zones in all over the country Brum is getting one so is Cov of all places the town centre is small and not really car friendly as it is so they are trying to extend it right out into the outer areas. 

I was looking at a LPG ford if i can find the right on i might grab it  or if diesel become too much of a cash cow might see about getting a petrol and having it converted to LPG, the millage costs on a decent petrol engine are high.

Wow wished i had of paid for a years subscription to BTsports and the 25 quid they wanted for the fight on top looks like it was a good one didn't expect fury to win like that thought he might get it on points but was thinking wilder would land a few too many heavy hits before that and get the fight stopped like they nearly stopped the first fight.

Still on the car hunt getting ready to pull the trigger on a Sportage KX3 2 litre diesel just looking for the right one might have to get the KX2 if a 3 can't be found for the right money. 

Castanets first used by Mexican crab fishermen to lure the crab into their nets bit like a duck call hence the name. 

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Wow wished i had of paid for a years subscription to BTsports and the 25 quid they wanted for the fight on top looks like it was a good one didn't expect fury to win like that thought he might get it on points but was thinking wilder would land a few too many heavy hits before that and get the fight stopped like they nearly stopped the first fight.

Still on the car hunt getting ready to pull the trigger on a Sportage KX3 2 litre diesel just looking for the right one might have to get the KX2 if a 3 can't be found for the right money. 

Castanets first used by Mexican crab fishermen to lure the crab into their nets bit like a duck call hence the name. 

Just watch the highlights on you tube, I just did, fury was all over him really great to see, wilder was all over the shop after he got a cut on his ear, I've always liked watching fury such a talent and great to see him back as a world champ 

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Just watch the highlights on you tube, I just did, fury was all over him really great to see, wilder was all over the shop after he got a cut on his ear, I've always liked watching fury such a talent and great to see him back as a world champ 

So did I... personally I don't think wilder turned up from the beginning...fury landed some good shots but after Wilder corner stopped the fight due to burst ear drum...he wasn't impressed...I think a 3rd fight maybe on the cards (30 days to reply it).

On 23/02/2020 at 12:20, Highy said:

So did I... personally I don't think wilder turned up from the beginning...fury landed some good shots but after Wilder corner stopped the fight due to burst ear drum...he wasn't impressed...I think a 3rd fight maybe on the cards (30 days to reply it).

This is the reason why he didn’t turn up according to wilder 😂, worst excuse for a defeat ever.

1EB04D9A-561A-4686-8E07-D0BEBDB45AB8.png

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, commonly said:

Has the C word been banned on here?? 

I'm surprised no one is talking about our current health crisis situation!! 

VERY CRAZY TIMES WE'RE LIVING IN!! 

Please don’t ,

just don’t  

8 threads on the other forum that are related or reference to it 

Edited by framey