Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

19 hours ago, commonly said:

I'd give my right arm to be in the next swim. 😂 

To late mate , just stuck rod in there myself 😂, after hearing a unit crash out somewhere down the right hand margin .

Looking dead after that big temp change though,  just hoping for another chance on one of the rods 🤞 

20190404_133910.thumb.jpg.ce95ab94fa975c08220cbe6ac8157b2c.jpg

Edited by chillfactor

18 hours ago, muftyboy said:

Can you get hold of a hot water bottle?

Heat is only good for arthritis according to my chiropractor. I used to think the same, love a bit of deep heat. 

It's ice packs you need for muscle or ligament damage. Wrapped in cloth so you don't burn yourself!! How wrong does that sound!! 😂 Works a treat

1 hour ago, chillfactor said:

Ended up being a  bit hectic last night with two 30 lb carp & a 35 lb cat , all coming within a few hours off a spot I've been baiting all week but not had a sniff from , so glad I kept a rod on it . As I nearly didn't last night ! 

Cracking stuff it's certainly seems to have been a good week for you on balance, glad you have had some good fortune on your side as well and your hard work has paid off , will certainly be a week you remember excellent results 👍

Best of luck mate .... I've been using two 20mm hard hookers tipped with half 18mm pop up.... with a good inch & half between hook & bait , standard knotless knot . If there's Poisson Chat in The lake get on hard baits straight away they nail anything soft . & will save wasting any time.  Tight lines mate , on my last day now .... still time for a monster carp 😎

16 minutes ago, yonny said:

I've been so envious hearing reports from mates and you Phil that the Mrs says I can go next year. Let's see if she's still saying that come this time next year though eh!

Sounds like a bit of a social somewhere to me Mate? 😎

Book it now she can't go back on it then 😂 

1 hour ago, chillfactor said:

Best of luck mate .... I've been using two 20mm hard hookers tipped with half 18mm pop up.... with a good inch & half between hook & bait , standard knotless knot . If there's Poisson Chat in The lake get on hard baits straight away they nail anything soft . & will save wasting any time.  Tight lines mate , on my last day now .... still time for a monster carp 😎

No poisson chat as far as i know.

Crayfish are present so ive got some hard baits just in case the are active mate. 

53 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I'm not surprised really feel for you, it's not like just popping down the road, I hope you will be getting compensated and I hope it works out ok for you this week 

No compensation, its a public lake, ive been checking every day for the last month on google and nothing came up.

Found one likely spot on the river so will have to give that a go  tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, muftyboy said:

No compensation, its a public lake, ive been checking every day for the last month on google and nothing came up.

Well hopefully your luck will change and you get amongst some nice fish,that will help make it right good luck 

1 hour ago, muftyboy said:

Gutted for ya Mufty,mate. Get ya head straight and go bag a river whacker,mate.