Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

Whilst there's no denying they're good alarms, I've always thought they look like an old mobile phone, brick like.

I would say that they are behind the times a bit in terms of design & have most likely missed a good few customers. A bit like the I phone xxx, doesn't actually do much more than a basic smart phone, but you'll always have the tarts that have more money than sense & will have to have it!! 

A bit too much carp tax on these to turn my head! 

Do people still think for themselves is my thought for the day ? 

I am selling a punch bag on gumtree at the moment, one of the questions I received was 

"can I attach this to a tree ?" 

not the most annoying question but, it got me thinking some people really expect others to do all there homework for them these days, I know when I buy something I have a plan for It and I will research how to make that happen' so for instance If I wanted a punch bag that attached to a tree I would know exactly the right way to do it, Google would probably tell me all i needed to know in 5 minutes, but all too often I will spend my time doing this research only for them to not even respond when I do, either that or the thought of having to spend 5 minutes on google is enough to put most people off, 

so my point it do people think for themselves or do we expect others to do all our thinking for us these days ??? 

this could be related back to angling quite easily btw, being new back I am spending quite a lot of time researching/planning at the moment, and for me that is always the fun part, Its the part you can take to work with you, anywhere you have a spare few minutes, for me learning Is the key to success," I may not be successful, but I am learning to be more successful" 

1 hour ago, yonny said:

All good bud. Not been on here in a little while as the little'n has been taking up all my time. Loving it though 😊

A MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS!! 

Excellent news mate. Wondered if everything was OK. Glad to hear you're enjoying fatherhood. 

If management allows, will there be a post in Feb baby catch report?? 

Edited by commonly
Omission

Glad I said it was tough to get a freezer, just done a deal for one £30 delivered boom 

Well done being a dad yonny, it is fun isn't it I've got 2 girls 3+4 , I am only just managing to nick a few hours fishing here and there, I have been looking into pink fishing rods and trying to get them interested :)

A thought for all the youngsters make the most of your angling time while you can, you won't get that chance again later on 

10 hours ago, Highy said:

Screenshot_20190301-075108_Chrome.thumb.jpg.321e95434e8ec36f920c1f9a3a890818.jpg

I think we covered an issue a while ago and some calculations came to light also about how many leads maybe dumped leading to lead poisoning..

Don't worry we may of left the EU by the time they do anything! 

Lead was sposed to of been banned from fishing, back in the late 80's early 90's. On the rivers and canals anyway. I remember split shot nearly tripled in price. I guess as usual carp fisheries turn a blind eye to it. 

3 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I wish I had some bait already made

Not tempted to buy some readymades to keep in the freezer for emergencies bud? There's some top quality baits around nowadays. So good that I haven't made any myself in quire some years, not worth the hassle imo and when I price my time into the equation I can't see it's any cheaper tbh. Defo a labour of love is bait making.

• 2 weeks later...