Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

On 27/10/2018 at 05:54, jh92 said:

Woke up this morning dying from man flu...debating whether I should still go fishing or not lol

Had a dose of that myself Saturday afternoon, cold sweat, headache and generally feeling like I have been hit by a bus.

Nasty, couldn't fish through that!!! 

Mate has 3 Nash BP10 reels pretty decent near mint condition...he been out n bought 3x Nash dwarf rods....he says his BP10 reels dont fit....

So would i swap my 2 Dwarf BP6 reels plus some cash for his 3 BP10 reels...

Thoughts please...as too me...dawrf bp6 reels look nearly harder to find these days.

• 2 weeks later...

I have nash bp 4 all black - played a fish of 23lb and ounces on a dwarf 6ft 2lb rod with ease. 

I also have 2 nash bp 6 all black with 2 scope sawn off rods in 3lb that I’ve not had chance to use yet. 

As for the the bp 4 never been a problem for me smooth, casts well, retrieves line well,  looks nice.....does it’s job.  So I guess everyone has had different experiences with them but like the shimmy daiwa debate. 

Also have shimmy cats 5500’s and 14000’s and love them I’d recommend any of the reels I have  dependant on people’s budgets 

Any1 seen this before...IMG-20181118-WA0004.thumb.jpg.fcaf85ec5efff9b11440321ad714dfc1.jpg

Today boasting a portfolio of more than 220 waters, within a geographic area stretching from the Scottish Border in the North to the river Wye in the South, the Fylde Coast in the West and the Pennine Chain in the East These waters give members the opportunity to fish coarse lakes and rivers simply for pleasure, for the specimen angler numerous lakes with carp over 35lbs and lakes and rivers holding pike to 35lbs plus.

17 hours ago, Highy said:

Hey guys....how hard us it to replace a 50mm ring (insert) on a carp rod...??

I'm no expert mate but I think you will have to have the ring replaced. I don't think you can just replace the inserts. 😞

Your local tackle shop should be able to get it done for you, if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me. 👍

1 hour ago, finchey said:

I'm no expert mate but I think you will have to have the ring replaced. I don't think you can just replace the inserts. 😞

Your local tackle shop should be able to get it done for you, if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me. 👍

I will find out 1 day this week..

1 hour ago, yonny said:

I thought you could. But I'm also no expert lol.

I also thought you could...may try if i feel confident.

1 hour ago, yonny said:

I thought you could. But I'm also no expert lol.

I've just had a quick search on the net and the answer that keeps coming up is that the inserts are pressure fitted at the manufacturing stage, they can be refitted but normally it's is just a temporary fix, your better getting a new eye fitted. 

So in away we're both right, not bad for non experts 😂👍

Edited by finchey

4 minutes ago, Highy said:

I will find out 1 day this week..

I also thought you could...may try if i feel confident.

If you do have a go and you manage to get it back in, from what I read your better putting a few drops of liquid super glue in that will help hold it in place. 👍

But I'd do a bit of research first mate you may pick up some tips on getting it back in. 👍

10 minutes ago, finchey said:

If you do have a go and you manage to get it back in, from what I read your better putting a few drops of liquid super glue in that will help hold it in place. 👍

But I'd do a bit of research first mate you may pick up some tips on getting it back in. 👍

Im havin a good search...i may warm/heat the insert up so it may be moveable into the eye ring...