Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

33 minutes ago, B.C. said:

Little grumble from me to whoever is supposed to be delivering my little bait freezer...……………………. Get your bloomin skates on, I waited in all day yesterday when you should have delivered, now wasted most of today so far...… Should be on the bank now, but gonna need a few hours to sort kit out, which isn't at my home...… Can't really leave the house either, or just blow it out, as I have a pile of bait that needs freezing...….. This week was planned with military precision .. lol... Not anymore....😃

just fill in the lake before they turn!!

On 01/10/2018 at 16:23, greekskii said:

who owns it? Some official looking clothing, a boat and a few dip nets or something of the sort might be able to see you get away with at least one boat trip!! "just doing a weed and invert survey" being the get out of trouble card to passers-by. 

If you can do this then repeating the surveys every 3 months to build a base of data means you can sometimes make those trips out on a boat. 

I'd suggest finding the most difficult to access place you can, make it comfy for yourself, get kit in, leave it there.

As far as I know it's the local council that own the lakes.

A local club tried to get the rights to the lakes a few years back but nothing ever came of it. 

The security are not really that bothered until they get a call from one of the residents.

And as the residents are not allowed to fish themselves they get very annoyed if they see anybody who looks like they are trying to get on the lake.

The plan is to find somewhere tucked away in woodland side or just to cut a way in .

On 01/10/2018 at 16:19, yonny said:

Birthdays, weddings, funerals..... friends and family...... always getting in the bloomin' way!!! So inconsiderate aint they?!

Yep.

And the worst thing was I booked Monday off work to do a day down the local for probably the last time this year and I came down with a bug Sunday night so couldn't even go.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

I drive in central London almost every day.

To say you need to stay alert is an understatement. 

The cyclists are the worst.

I reckon I must have saved at 10 cyclists lives in the last year by second guessing what they are gonna do, and they still give you a mouthful. 

Ungrateful idiots.

That's one thing I do have to deal with at weekends mate.... the tour da France brigade , you can end up stuck behind them for miles on our narrow country roads & like you say show little thanks for being patient & not deciding to mow them all down 😄

13 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

That's one thing I do have to deal with at weekends mate.... the tour da France brigade , you can end up stuck behind them for miles on our narrow country roads & like you say show little thanks for being patient & not deciding to mow them all down 😄

Mate some of the cyclists i have to deal with have a death wish .

The amount of times they come up on the passenger side when you are indicating to go left is unreal. 

They just don't realise that are in danger and that these mirrors have blindspots.

I had to go a cycle awareness course as part of the contract our company has with tfl.

It's the cyclists that should be made to sit this course.

Looking for a spod setup...Found NGT XS9000 pit reel...load with 300m 33lb Spiderwire...Rod (choice of 3) Gravitas Cubix 12ft 3lb, Fox Warrior S 12ft 3.5lb or Sonik 12ft 3.25lb...but will never be casting more than 60 - 70 yards....help please.

All brand new and will be under £100 so is this a bargain ???

1 minute ago, Highy said:

Looking for a spod setup...Found NGT XS9000 pit reel...load with 300m 33lb Spiderwire...Rod (choice of 3) Gravitas Cubix 12ft 3lb, Fox Warrior S 12ft 3.5lb or Sonik 12ft 3.25lb...but will never be casting more than 60 - 70 yards....help please.

All brand new and will be under £100 so is this a bargain ???

Too light test curve rod IMO. You want minimum 3.75lb. Most spod rods are 4.5lb+.  

If I was you I’d pick up a Mitchel avocast spod reel for around £30, both the sonik vaderX spod or fox warrior spod are £50+ ish and you can get the braid in bulk from eBay Here 

12 minutes ago, greekskii said:

Too light test curve rod IMO. You want minimum 3.75lb. Most spod rods are 4.5lb+.  

If I was you I’d pick up a Mitchel avocast spod reel for around £30, both the sonik vaderX spod or fox warrior spod are £50+ ish and you can get the braid in bulk from eBay Here 

Thanks greeskskii...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F112986921784

Also found above??

Don't rush into buying a spod rod just because it's 5lb "so must do the job"  . The best spod rods use the whole rod ie the Butt section where all the power is . From my experience the budget spod rods around this test curve are very tippy rods the Butt section really doesn't come into it . 

I recommend a rod to BC recently which I think he purchased ... he was worried that the test curve seemed on the low side , But like I said to him it's far better at casting large spombs than my previous rod which was over 5 1/4 lb test curve .  

Edited by chillfactor