Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

On 18/09/2018 at 16:52, snowmanstevo said:

Fishing!!!!!! 😉😎🎣

Yeeehhh....thats wot ive chosen...the 2 rods woukd have been for my son but then would need 2 reels too...he already has a 2 rod NGT Dynamic setup up with lineaffe All Blacks (he only 8) also already have a TFGear wideboy so im being greedy....Fishing it is...5th october 48hrs instead👍👍

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Yeeehhh....thats wot ive chosen...the 2 rods woukd have been for my son but then would need 2 reels too...he already has a 2 rod NGT Dynamic setup up with lineaffe All Blacks (he only 8) also already have a TFGear wideboy so im being greedy....Fishing it is...5th october 48hrs instead👍👍

Nice,mate. Where you heading ?

Absolutely knackered been pulling weed out of a lake all day . Can barely grip the phone lol.  Amazing how quick the fish were moving in behind me picking off the naturals.  Certainly food for thought. 

Do we give to much credence to spooking fish ? Get wading & kicking up the bottom & dragging weed about & your see what I mean . Dinner 🔔 

9 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Absolutely knackered been pulling weed out of a lake all day . Can barely grip the phone lol.  Amazing how quick the fish were moving in behind me picking off the naturals.  Certainly food for thought. 

Do we give to much credence to spooking fish ? Get wading & kicking up the bottom & dragging weed about & your see what I mean . Dinner 🔔 

When we’ve been in our lake pulling lillies lads have had fish bump into em getting at the hidden gems...... I’ve certainly had them spook from the murky waters as we’ve gone back in after a Fag break !

24 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

Need a new angle I think.

We got seen by a passer by who called security .

Luckily the security were not the brightest and were checking the wrong lake .

Walked straight past them with the scopes tucked away in the rucksack on the way back to the car.

Crack of dawn buddy ?

You dressed as a dog with a lead on..... Your mate as the dog walker......🤣.

Edited by B.C.

4 hours ago, B.C. said:

Crack of dawn buddy ?

You dressed as a dog with a lead on..... Your mate as the dog walker......🤣.

I don't mind the gimp suit but I wouldn't be seen dead dressed as a dog.

Early mornings not really practical with work.

There is an area of woodland on one side of the bigger lake that we are gonna try and find a route through and make our own swim.

There's also another lake but it's surrounded by thick reeds and just looks a mission to be able to make an area that's fishable.

12 hours ago, muftyboy said:

I don't mind the gimp suit but I wouldn't be seen dead dressed as a dog.

Early mornings not really practical with work.

There is an area of woodland on one side of the bigger lake that we are gonna try and find a route through and make our own swim.

There's also another lake but it's surrounded by thick reeds and just looks a mission to be able to make an area that's fishable.

Any islands? Boat out there 

On 29/09/2018 at 21:51, muftyboy said:

That's a tricky one as you'll soon lose the cover as winter approaches. Make hay while the sun shines bud!!!

25 minutes ago, yonny said:

That's a tricky one as you'll soon lose the cover as winter approaches. Make hay while the sun shines bud!!!

It's pretty much done for this year I think mate.

Got my missus 40th and my daughter's 10th birthdays next month and then Xmas so need to start smashing the overtime.

Probably do a reccy over the winter to work out a plan for next spring.

4 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

It's pretty much done for this year I think mate.

Got my missus 40th and my daughter's 10th birthdays next month and then Xmas so need to start smashing the overtime.

Probably do a reccy over the winter to work out a plan for next spring.

who owns it? Some official looking clothing, a boat and a few dip nets or something of the sort might be able to see you get away with at least one boat trip!! "just doing a weed and invert survey" being the get out of trouble card to passers-by. 

If you can do this then repeating the surveys every 3 months to build a base of data means you can sometimes make those trips out on a boat. 

I'd suggest finding the most difficult to access place you can, make it comfy for yourself, get kit in, leave it there.

15 minutes ago, yonny said:

Just recently I read of someone doing that when they got caught guesting and it worked! Can't remember where I read it now but it's a great idea.

It's a great tactic, especially where you only get challenged by the public. Bit different if landowners or staff turn up!! 

Not going to lie, I used it on a guy who I defo thought was an angler when I came ashore the other day. I mean the two big camo buckets didn't help my case though! But a saw, loppers, etc all fit with a "doing some vegetation clearance work" story, which is true, you're cutting a swim out!!

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 22:42, spr1985 said:

Half day up braxted back lake, 1 tench, 1 hook pull and the weirdest take I have ever seen but after the hook pull was to hesitant 😕 and it didn’t turn into a full blown run....better luck next time 

I suffered a couple of hook pulls a little while back on the same sesh, really annoying...…. I decided to add a bit more weight to the pop up rigs I was using..... Next two enquiries on that rod resulted in 2 tench hooked and landed. Not the carp I was hoping for, but I think the added weight helped the hook stick a little better...…… Bad luck mate, tricky little lake though, very pressured. If ever there was a case for fish feeding "on edge", then that place would be on the list. Just makes them feed a bit more carefully, bit more riggy imo……. The way I see it, you've caught from there already, which takes a bit of doing. And you are getting picked up now and then..... Compare this to when you started on there, you've come miles mate...…. Inches away from something really special imo… 😊

Little grumble from me to whoever is supposed to be delivering my little bait freezer...……………………. Get your bloomin skates on, I waited in all day yesterday when you should have delivered, now wasted most of today so far...… Should be on the bank now, but gonna need a few hours to sort kit out, which isn't at my home...… Can't really leave the house either, or just blow it out, as I have a pile of bait that needs freezing...….. This week was planned with military precision .. lol... Not anymore....😃