Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

Shouldn’t this be part 3 🤣😂

id like to know where summer has gone too! 

We had had thunder lightning and torrential rain for hours last night/ early hours of this morning. 

Im currently getting ready for a night shift happy in the knowledge that I’m going straight to the lake once I’m finished and back in the area 😁

Where has summer gone is a good question. My wife, gorgeous granddaughter and I spent 4 nights at a campsite in the Clent Hills nearish to Birmingham, having towed our touring caravan there last Friday. Granddaughter always claims my berth in the van so I sleep on my Nash Indulgence in the awning, space shared with Daft Dexter, our elderly chocolate Labrador.

All was well until around midnight when Thor decided to show off with a spectacular thunder and lighting display with added deluge. Wife and granddaughter slept through most of it...….meanwhile the awning was fully lit by the lightning so the only sleep attained was by Dexter who really doesn't give a monkey's about anything much.....

Next day the sun shone, I got a bit of a tan, granddaughter made loads of friends and Birmingham, our home town, was under water....

Moral? Get a caravan and take the high ground.

Ian

3 hours ago, smufter said:

I personally think the weather over the last few weeks has been perfect.

I agree Rob.

Early spring was a nightmare, those cold easterlies kept killing it. But after that mega hot period allowed the water to warm up properly the easterlies have done us a favour imo. Lovely warm days with changeable fronts coming in intermittently has meant if I've been able to get on them they've been very catchable.

56 minutes ago, yonny said:

I agree Rob.

Early spring was a nightmare, those cold easterlies kept killing it. But after that mega hot period allowed the water to warm up properly the easterlies have done us a favour imo. Lovely warm days with changeable fronts coming in intermittently has meant if I've been able to get on them they've been very catchable.

agreed. I just like a bit of hot weather, does the population a world of good!!

Today I'm trying to get motivated to write the final part of my blog on the estate lake, I have May to do and then a little end of season round-up before taking a little step back to keep my fishing low key. I'll be writing blogs but not posting them until the time is right. Hopefully a couple of product reviews and casual trips with friends will be written up in the meantime though. 

I think most of the content from the next two blogs will be written whilst on the plane for my holiday, to be published early July. 

Fished through a downpour couple of days back...… Im not kidding, it felt tropical..... Temps were still mid twenties the next day, the rain had stopped, but couldn't get anything dried out too well as it was overcast and the air was thick with humidity..... For me, Summer truly starts tomorrow , June 1st...….. As mentioned by a few others, I think we've done ok weather wise apart from very early Spring when we had that cold snap.. Distant memory now 😊

17 hours ago, B.C. said:

Fished through a downpour couple of days back...… Im not kidding, it felt tropical..... 

It rained a little just after we got to the lake on Tuesday evening, nothing heavy, just a light shower. Stopped after about an hour. When it was time to hit the sack I didn't even bother getting in the sleeping bag, it was that humid still.

Woke up just after 4am just as it was beginning to get a bit lighter, could just make out the rods and it was still warm. T shirt and a cuppa.
Sat there listening to the dawn chorus starting up, just the sound of the birds and a distant clock chiming 4.30 thinking "all's right in my world". That first cup of coffee, accompanied by the sights, sound and smell of dawn, is the best one of the day. A bit of dew on the rods and reels, a few tell tale bubbles rising along with the odd tail swirl. The anticipation of first light. God I love it.

1 hour ago, smufter said:

It rained a little just after we got to the lake on Tuesday evening, nothing heavy, just a light shower. Stopped after about an hour. When it was time to hit the sack I didn't even bother getting in the sleeping bag, it was that humid still.

Woke up just after 4am just as it was beginning to get a bit lighter, could just make out the rods and it was still warm. T shirt and a cuppa.
Sat there listening to the dawn chorus starting up, just the sound of the birds and a distant clock chiming 4.30 thinking "all's right in my world". That first cup of coffee, accompanied by the sights, sound and smell of dawn, is the best one of the day. A bit of dew on the rods and reels, a few tell tale bubbles rising along with the odd tail swirl. The anticipation of first light. God I love it.

That sounds like my idea of heaven.

What are the chances of this ??? Had the day off work today and took the wife to Hunstanton , chips on the beach and a go on the 2p machines, driving home a car overtook us and pulled in front , same make and model just a different colour , it's number plate read NM06EVR ours is MM06EVR ..... Couldn't believe it and had to catch up just to check it out ......

My Thought of the Day? Why, after at least 10 years of ownership, have I finally decided to re-tension the elastics on my Nash Indulgence bedchair? The improvement is astonishing! Last weekend, sleeping in the awning of our caravan on the bedchair, I realised that it wasn't as supportive as I'd always taken for granted. Got home from work this afternoon and decided to do the deed. Half an hour later the Indulgence was just like it was when new.

Off to Rushes Lake in France on the 16th of June for a week, Looking forward to it even more eagerly now. If only the rest of life was so easy!

Ian

1 hour ago, chillfactor said:

Doesn't that mean you've been cloned ? Or does the different colours mean you can have the same plate ? .... smufter ? 

Or you could pop down specsaver (other companies available) get the old eyes tested and read the post again........just pulling ya leg mate 🤣😂

one letter different N M and  clouds is M M