I wan't to get rid of some old reels and a couple alarms, could anyone tell me if its worth trying?

worth trying to sell I was gonna put in the title

Anyway I'm sort of new to all this, I normally just buy my rods and reels off friends, I just wanted the proper carp boys on here to give me a little advice if any of this stuff is worth selling because I got some new gear

Anyway so I have

2x fox micron sx alarms no hard cases 

1x micron mx alarm no hard case

2x okuma undertaker UT 50? 

1x Wychwood Solace Big Pit Reel 55fs with spare spool 

any of these worth sticking on ebay? 

Edited by joegpp

13 hours ago, joegpp said:

worth trying to sell I was gonna put in the title

Anyway I'm sort of new to all this, I normally just buy my rods and reels off friends, I just wanted the proper carp boys on here to give me a little advice if any of this stuff is worth selling because I got some new gear

Anyway so I have

2x fox micron sx alarms no hard cases 

1x micron mx alarm no hard case

2x okuma undertaker UT 50? 

1x Wychwood Solace Big Pit Reel 55fs with spare spool 

any of these worth sticking on ebay? 

Definitely no selling allowed on this forum😉

The paired alarms and reels may go on ebay, but don't forget they are only worth what people will pay for them. The individuals pieces, try, but be prepared not to sell.

Hi mate.... The Ebay fees are a killer these days, plus you've got to pay postage and rely on them being delivered in one piece, and rely on the honesty of a total stranger to say that everything is ok when they arrive..... I have gotten rid of a few bits and bobs on Ebay, they take 10 perecent of anything sold plus charge for advertising it too...... Also, the cash isn't paid straight away, you may have to wait a couple of weeks before they release the funds........ A far better way , I've found, is too find a "used tackle group" on Face book, which is for your area. There are no fees involved, and people are local so they can collect or you can drop the bits off and the cash is straight in your hand.... Also, because there are no fees , you can price things slightly lower to help get rid....... For the sake of a couple of quid, I offer things dirt cheap, just to off load them... If there is no interest, then you could always pass them on for free to a youngster or someone who's a bit skint. :)

5 hours ago, The_Viking_Angler said:

If you have no luck on traditional selling sites, i find that i always sell everything i ever take to a car boot, you may not get as much as selling it online but least it's something as opposed to them just taking up space and never being used.

Good opportunity for a little role-playing as well.

Only-Fools-and-Horses.jpg

4 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Definitely no selling allowed on this forum😉

The paired alarms and reels may go on ebay, but don't forget they are only worth what people will pay for them. The individuals pieces, try, but be prepared not to sell.

I just looked at ebay, a pair of blue leds SX's went for £75 with hard cases, a single red with case is up at £22.

2 hours ago, B.C. said:

Hi mate.... The Ebay fees are a killer these days, plus you've got to pay postage and rely on them being delivered in one piece, and rely on the honesty of a total stranger to say that everything is ok when they arrive..... I have gotten rid of a few bits and bobs on Ebay, they take 10 perecent of anything sold plus charge for advertising it too...... Also, the cash isn't paid straight away, you may have to wait a couple of weeks before they release the funds........ A far better way , I've found, is too find a "used tackle group" on Face book, which is for your area. There are no fees involved, and people are local so they can collect or you can drop the bits off and the cash is straight in your hand.... Also, because there are no fees , you can price things slightly lower to help get rid....... For the sake of a couple of quid, I offer things dirt cheap, just to off load them... If there is no interest, then you could always pass them on for free to a youngster or someone who's a bit skint. :)

I agree fees can be a pain, just had my seller fees come out of my bank for putting a 240/110V generator on the bay, £9.50 for £90 sale. The paypal payment usually does however give some warranty, although as buyer collected direct from me, I made him check it before he took it in his company van, which I had researched as buyer and company first😉

However, if buyer collects, as in this case, and if you use Schpok or whatever, you negate paypal protection, and it can be charged back. You do need proof of postage, carrier details etc.

Make sure you check and put a real postage and packing or carrier cost, and don't let buyers convince you it is too expensive as you could lose out.

As an aside, the Micron SX's should go as a pair, and would also be suitable for pike fishing.

14 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

The held money is only initial sales or electrical goods mate, and as soon as they arrive the funds are released. If you do it tracked and put that tracking number in on PayPal the funds automatically release on arrival. Gumtree is better if your concerned about the fees. But generally slow and loads of messers.  I gotta say fishing gear seems to sell really quickly on eBay so I'm ok with the fees. Never had any problems with unscrupulous buyers.  I'm forever selling stuff on there. The things people buy amazes me. Use Hermes for the delivery. Dirt cheap and they collect from your door. Don't even need to leave the house . 

Good advice mate....... The last thing I sold on Ebay, the guy worked shifts, so the delivery (Royal Mail) left a slip through the door for him to collect at the sorting office, took him over a week and then another week to leave any feed back and then another 4 or 5 days for the funds to be released. In the mean time, I got charged 10% by Ebay, plus listing fees and lost another £8 for a handling fee by pay pal... I never bothered chasing this up, but I may have been overcharged somewhere along the line..... 2 x Att alarms plus receiver,plus spares kit decent condition.... Sold for £85 but cleared about £60 ish, plus I had to package and send..... I prob need to look into it a bit more to save money, but I hardly ever sell on Ebay, just buy, so don't really know the shortcuts........... Rods are the worst to send £20+ for postage, due to the length. Sometimes there's discount deals, but still £15

3 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

What a palava. I can see how it could be a headache now. To be honest mate I don't auction. I do set price as I've been frustrated before not getting the deserved price. I've had a few promotional emails recently stating 0% seller fees on my next items. I'm sure there's a catch somewhere. For me , eBay has been a revelation. I never used to bother. But I literally put anything and everything on there now. Old trainers that I'd usually bin going for £30. Shirts with stains on that won't come out going for £15. The things people buy on there never ceases to amaze me

Well, I've got another shed to empty and shelve out. Probably find a few bits to get rid of ( although sentiment on some things makes it very very difficult to part with them)... I'll try and be a bit more savvy and look out for listing promo's next time lol....... Think the shift worker guy was just a bit unlucky for me :)

8 minutes ago, B.C. said:

Well, I've got another shed to empty and shelve out. Probably find a few bits to get rid of ( although sentiment on some things makes it very very difficult to part with them)... I'll try and be a bit more savvy and look out for listing promo's next time lol....... Think the shift worker guy was just a bit unlucky for me :)

£1 fee’s this weekend 😉 no time like the present to sort that shed 

22 hours ago, B.C. said:

Good advice mate....... The last thing I sold on Ebay,

I buy some tackle from the UK and have it sent to Canada, and that can be tough for larger items.  I had a pair of reels sent by Royal Mail and with the boxes and schematics they were over the limit for cheaper postage (a big difference), so I had a choice of getting that paper and cardboard or the spare spools.  I opted for the spools, of course.  I bought a nice new Nash scale off tackle trader from a pub owner who had taken it against a bar bill..... edit: I just remembered, I had them mail it to Tommy Boy in Prenton and hoped and prayed he wouldn't sell and drink it before their holiday over here.