May catch reports................

smufter

23 hours ago, crusian said:

Show your Dad how to catch something Liddy ! .

😀

Nothing, sadly.

I missed a run early doors, didn't get to my rod in time, but other than that, zilch.

3 other guys on the lake while we were there, all blanked.

Reckon they are going to spawn soon.

8 hours ago, smufter said:

Nothing, sadly.

I missed a run early doors, didn't get to my rod in time, but other than that, zilch.

3 other guys on the lake while we were there, all blanked.

Reckon they are going to spawn soon.

Hello Smufter

That's disappointing , but I guess at least you were with Libby and at White Cottage which I know you love just being there - so a double whammy really , o.k. so  a triple whammy would have been better ! .

If everyone blanked , like you say spawning could well have been on the Carp's mind , pity would can't go off to France now , then come back when the Carp have spawned , rested and be feeling like a bit of a munch .

😃

6 minutes ago, crusian said:

Hello Smufter

That's disappointing , but I guess at least you were with Libby and at White Cottage which I know you love just being there - so a double whammy really , o.k. so  a triple whammy would have been better ! .

If everyone blanked , like you say spawning could well have been on the Carp's mind , pity would can't go off to France now , then come back when the Carp have spawned , rested and be feeling like a bit of a munch .

😃

Oops , Liddy 

😳

15 hours ago, crusian said:

Hello Smufter

😃

Got a 24 planned for next Tuesday with Liddy and her cousin Phil coming down from Essex to join us but I reckon we're going to get the call before then that they've started.

We'll see.

On 23/05/2018 at 00:02, nigewoodcock said:

Lol

thats most people! “Never had anything on zigs mate” but only ever chucked a token one out and left it! It’s a very active way of fishing. 

99% of the lads on my water chuck out “the token zig” ......... a black n white normally at 3/4 depth and reel in after an hr or so fishless,and long may that continue. There leaving me with a massive edge 🤔🤔😉😉😆😆

9 minutes ago, yonny said:

I'm on fish this morning but have to leave to go to a birthday party. I'd pull a sicky but it's my birthday party lol.

Nicked a lovely dark 22 pound mirror this morning which I'm happy with but it's a killer walking away from fish on my spot 😖

I feel your pain mate! I should be out this weekend......other half has other ideas...about half an hour away from driving to Manchester so she can spend the weekend with her sister and newborn niece 

5 hours ago, yonny said:

I'm on fish this morning but have to leave to go to a birthday party. I'd pull a sicky but it's my birthday party lol.

Nicked a lovely dark 22 pound mirror this morning which I'm happy with but it's a killer walking away from fish on my spot 😖

It’s your birthday! Do what you want! 😂 

I caught a bream early hours. But I was expecting as much now I’m off the estate. I did see a few fish on the reserve so a few hrs next Saturday evening it is to see if I can sneak a fish before the serious campaign starts

On 26/05/2018 at 10:10, yonny said:

Nicked a lovely dark 22 pound mirror this morning which I'm happy with but it's a killer walking away from fish on my spot 

Have the jelly and Ice cream sent down to the lake .

😃

On 26/05/2018 at 10:20, spr1985 said:

I feel your pain mate! I should be out this weekend......other half has other ideas...about half an hour away from driving to Manchester so she can spend the weekend with her sister and newborn niece 

Babies , so overrated compared to fishing ! .

😃

How much did she weigh? The baby I mean  😂 

Sorry for previous reply wrong person. Yeah I would be gutted leaving a spot when the fish are on the feed. Sometimes you just crave for that extra time