May catch reports................

smufter

Just getting ready to go out. Bait out of the freezer, another cup of coffee, get my gear down from the spare bedroom and quietly put it in the car.
I'll take the opportunity to sneak the new rods in while the Missus is asleep. Hide them up in the corner of the room, she'll never know.....
What could possibly go wrong??????
8)8)8)8)

1 hour ago, smufter said:

Just getting ready to go out. Bait out of the freezer, another cup of coffee, get my gear down from the spare bedroom and quietly put it in the car.
I'll take the opportunity to sneak the new rods in while the Missus is asleep. Hide them up in the corner of the room, she'll never know.....
What could possibly go wrong??????
8)8)8)8)

If she's anything like my missus mate she wouldn't have a clue. My wife can't tell the difference between one fishing rod from another. :lol:

Enjoy your day on the bank and good luck with the fishing today smufter. :D

I have always been of the opinion that any source of oxygen or source of fresh water (pumps for example) are a major pull to the carp, especially when new. I'd not chuck a lead straight on top of it but I'd certainly have one rod as close as I thought was safe. There may well be a window of opportunity.

6 minutes ago, yonny said:

Interesting. Why do you think that might be @cyborx??

it may be that the smaller fish find it easier to cope with the water pressure close to the aerator, or they find it easier to adjust their swim bladders.

i think it has to be something to do with the action of the aerator as it sucks in water and blasts it into the air, got to alter the pressure and bouyancy locally.

thats my take on it anyhoo :lol:

48 minutes ago, cyborx said:

it may be that the smaller fish find it easier to cope with the water pressure close to the aerator, or they find it easier to adjust their swim bladders.

i think it has to be something to do with the action of the aerator as it sucks in water and blasts it into the air, got to alter the pressure and bouyancy locally.

thats my take on it anyhoo :lol:

You could be right. The older I get the more problems I get with my bladder 

On 01/05/2018 at 15:48, yonny said:

I must admit I can't recall ever fishing to an areator but I've had bigguns from pumps, pumping in water - but I guess that's a completely different scenario.

i do believe that a pump will give you the same effect, a pump will move a lot of air as well as water so the area around the inlet will have a higher O2 content. (theoretically) :wink:

14lb command and a 9lb tench last night. Thats 3 carp landed from 3 nights now, starting to get somewhere on this lake!

P.S. Im not a big fan of Avid bag stems! made 6 solid bags up ready to go to discover the gape to pull the line through was practically closed. I had to rip the bags to open the gape so i could get my mainline through...just needs something really small to stop it from closing.

Friday-Sunday session with a friend from uni. Put him in the hot swim and told him where to put a rod. 5 fish landed and 1 lost. I skirted about trying to nick a fish. I ended up with 2 and lost 1. First fish on a zig (and the one I lost)

All the fish were above 21lb and a few of my friends I had seen before (including the 30 at a pre-spawn weight of 27.15lb)  

3191198B-4A90-4366-89B0-AE80C6A5635B.jpeg

4B7500AE-D716-4CA7-900F-7B5C0F0D95C4.jpeg

491AF02C-A93C-4DC6-B69B-DC3A10EA3950.jpeg

74C65E37-4D40-4171-ABC2-3ADB31CCAF6A.jpeg

2E8D1924-C51F-471B-9F1B-CB1A261570DB.jpeg

Edited by greekskii

12 hours ago, emmcee said:

gutted i can't fish for the whole of this month, my favourite month at that.

That's a killer mate!

I cancelled my annual French trip for this spring. Arranged 4 prolonged sessions. First was beast from the east part 1. Second was beast from the east part 2. Third was when it switched to an easterly and rained fro 2 days a couple of weeks ago. Zero captures.

Fourth and final session is this weekend when you guessed it.... the temps drop by 10 degrees. But at least it's not an easterly.