Problem uploading photos

jh92

2 minutes ago, ianain said:

Could be the size or the type of file.

What did you use to take the picture? (camera, phone, tablet etc..)

It's 2.7mb and saved as a .jpg file. I've tried a few different pictures from my phone but it's not having it, it's strange because it's never been a problem before lol. By the way the photos were taken from the camera on my phone if it helps lol

I'm just wondering if it's a 'Live' picture on ifone or some such odd format? or maybe the server can't understand some of the exif tags?

You can try an online resizing site and see what happens.

40 minutes ago, jh92 said:

it's strange because it's never been a problem before lol

Have you changed a setting on your camera, have you uploaded images to this site using the same phone?

8 hours ago, ianain said:

I'm just wondering if it's a 'Live' picture on ifone or some such odd format? or maybe the server can't understand some of the exif tags?

You can try an online resizing site and see what happens.

Have you changed a setting on your camera, have you uploaded images to this site using the same phone?

I uploaded a mat shot of a fish I caught on Saturday with no issues, then on Sunday when I tried to upload another one of a different fish it started giving me that error and na I haven't changed any settings on my phone recently either lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know what the fault is. 

On the post section you have a lower section that says 'click to choose files', below that is accepted file types, gif, jpeg, jpe, jpe, png and Max total size 8MB. Click to choose files on ipad and it brings up where the pictures are stored, 'tick' the pics, then 'done' and they will or should upload.

If your wifi, data link (phone internet connection) or broadband is slow or pauses, then it can fail to upload.

The other way is to go back to third party hosting, having a web site store your pictures, then adding in the picture link as an 'img' link

image.png

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, dayvid said:

This photo was taken on iPhone 4s but was transferred to the 7 when I changed phones , 

so it appears anything taken using this phone 7 , will not upload, but older photos on here will 

Tony helped me out the other day with this exact problem, (I have the iPhone 7+)  I had to get the photo up on the screen and then screenshot it then upload the screen shot, worked perfectly 

On 24/04/2018 at 20:04, jh92 said:

When I try uploading a photo I get "there was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200"

Any idea how to fix this? Thanks 

it might be because the image file size in MB is too big, not a good idea to upload large files if using a data plan via  a phone.

best to reduce the image to 1280 max pixels on height or width and set around 80% compression and then try and upload.

39 minutes ago, admin said:

it might be because the image file size in MB is too big, not a good idea to upload large files if using a data plan via  a phone.

best to reduce the image to 1280 max pixels on height or width and set around 80% compression and then try and upload.

If you can explain how to do this on an I phone I’m all ears 🤣😂🤣 

I have a 20gb data plan so I’m all good but maybe useful for others 

Edited by spr1985

On 28/06/2018 at 17:16, spr1985 said:

If you can explain how to do this on an I phone I’m all ears 🤣😂🤣 

I have a 20gb data plan so I’m all good but maybe useful for others 

Use a free photo editing app from the app store, i'm sure google/apple or even adobe.

Adobe Photoshop Express is available on Android, IOS (iPad and iPhone) and even Windows Phone Mobile, links and how to resize:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/photoshop-express-help.html

When the large MB images are uploaded, they're resized and shrunk in file size on the server so to speed download time for others.

If your wifi or 3g/4g connection is patchy, then if it drops during upload, then it will fail. 

Resizing to 1280 max width or height (other side scales proportionally) and the file size is reduced, it will upload quicker and save data for those on low data plans.