CC Moore Boilies

I've considering getting some of the boilies by CC Moore. They are the shelf-life, as sadly, I cannot get the pre-made freezer version of any boilie in North America, only shelf-lifes. I also planning on using them mainly as hookbaits, as I cannot afford to get enough to do any real baiting with them, maybe just a tiny few. I'm considering a kilo in each type of CC Moore boilies, all in the 15mm size.

I'm just asking before I possibly buy, how good are they in the shelf-life? Which types are good? Would they be any good largely used as a hookbait, other than the occasional few used for baiting?

Oh I agree, particles catch more fish then boilies, though they have been days boilies have won out, though I was using mainly over flavored "attractor" boilies. But the problem with particles is that fish like bluegills, ironically nicknamed "bream", though obviously no relation to your bream, as well as small catfish are bad to get them off the hair, so thats why I've mainly switched to boilies, because they have a harder time getting those off. Though I sometimes have a combination of particle and boilie on the hair.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 07:42, carpmachine said:

you will find thousands of different favourites coming from these lads,

Not from me mate, got a staple boilie that I stick too.... Interestingly enough though CM (and I'm sorry to go off topic here).... The place I've joined is a real head banger,  It's done two fish this week, the first to hit the bank since early November. It's not rare to blank a season, and some "names" have gone away with their tales between their legs after a two season blank. The place was left fallow for a decade, and has been fished for four years since. My reconning is that they got so used to surviving on naturals, that a bright, over flavoured boilie, just doesn't switch a lot of them on...... They do get caught, but not in numbers, so for me it's the perfect opportunity to fish at least one rod on alternative baits to boilies........ There are no silly bait bans, some more pots could be on order soon :lol:.

Incidentally, I've heard that bait firm being referred to as CC Less, more than once, can't think why.

Have to agree with the xxx, great stuff, and as said before the Live system has it's days, especially in colder water.

Definitely get on the peanuts!!!! The wild fish we have here go, well.....nuts for them.

Don't be afraid to make your own boilies either,  fish here aren't impressed with name brands. Something simple quality nutrition  medium flavor at best, properly applied. 

Thanks everyone. I remembered I had a load of CC Moore sample packs I had got by buying alot of stuff from big carp tackle, but had forgotten. Some of the live system, xxx, and equinox. When I fished friday, had a live system on a rod, cast it out, and before I could finish spombing, one grabbed it and ran like crazy. Got it in and one other, and hooked a third, but the hook pulled. That was certainly a good first impression though.

On the issue of peanuts, I would love to give peanuts a go, but having difficulty finding raw, human-grade peanuts in a bag of any real size. Only thing I found in bulk was for birds, and I know thats a real no-no, because of that fungus I believe.

3 hours ago, TnCarper said:

Thanks everyone. I remembered I had a load of CC Moore sample packs I had got by buying alot of stuff from big carp tackle, but had forgotten. Some of the live system, xxx, and equinox. When I fished friday, had a live system on a rod, cast it out, and before I could finish spombing, one grabbed it and ran like crazy. Got it in and one other, and hooked a third, but the hook pulled. That was certainly a good first impression though.

On the issue of peanuts, I would love to give peanuts a go, but having difficulty finding raw, human-grade peanuts in a bag of any real size. Only thing I found in bulk was for birds, and I know thats a real no-no, because of that fungus I believe.

a quick goog brings this up, any good?

On 3/18/2018 at 07:45, cyborx said:

a quick goog brings this up, any good?

Yes it is. Still, I'll try to find some that doesn't have to be shipped to me, because I know the s&h for 50 pounds worth of peanuts would be very expensive, but thanks for the info, because that would be a good option as a last resort.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 21/03/2018 at 09:12, TnCarper said:

Yes it is. Still, I'll try to find some that doesn't have to be shipped to me, because I know the s&h for 50 pounds worth of peanuts would be very expensive, but thanks for the info, because that would be a good option as a last resort.

Just buy a party pack, more than enough for a session, handful is enough most times and I used thrn singly on one water a got 3 large fish on the same bait that I'd fug out the bottom of my bag.