New asso carp line

18 minutes ago, jimmboy said:

Any one tried the new asso carp line I have been given the opportunity to be a field test they have been making sea line for 30+years   it seems to be great value for money it's a fluorocarbon Coated copolymer  any thoughts ?

Seems strange that you can purchase it if it is only at the field testing stage???

• 4 weeks later...

It may well be the same as P-Line Floroclear. There are only so many line manufacturers in the world, and most tackle brands all sell the same lines under their own name, and at different prices, so I am pretty sure Asso do not manufacture lines😉. 

1 hour ago, jimmboy said:

Asso make lines that' all they sale lol

Asso is a subsidiary company of Italian company Gruppo, who have made fishing lines for other companies, and design the packaging for them.

I think there are a total of 6 fishing line manufacturer factories in the world, and between them they make every brand of line. 

12 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Asso is a subsidiary company of Italian company Gruppo, who have made fishing lines for other companies, and design the packaging for them.

I think there are a total of 6 fishing line manufacturer factories in the world, and between them they make every brand of line. 

Their sinking line sounds interesting.....reasonable diameter too.

s-l500.jpg

7 hours ago, jimmboy said:

That' what  I'm testing atm 12lb and 16lb

I've just ordered a spool of 16lb for my daughters rods for when we go to France. I'll let her be the guinea pig lol!

Diameter seemed spot on at 0.35mm. How you getting on with it????

Oh well. My spool arrived this afternoon. Initial impressions are that it seems a bit thinner than 0.35mm but it must be right!

More of a green colour than brown but can live with that.

Comes off the spool nice and straight, seems very little "memory" but the spool itself is a lot bigger than a "normal" spool so that could be disguising it a bit.

If it sinks as well as they say it does, this could be interesting.......

On 25/03/2018 at 23:39, jimmboy said:

Let me no what you think of it mate 

Have taken the 15lb Technium off my spools and reloaded with the Asso. Initial impressions are good. Plenty on the spool to load 3 XT-A medium longcasts up to the brim. It has bedded down on the spool nicely, and hangs through the eyes of the rods limply, something which the latest batch of Technium wasn't doing.
Despite being thinner than the Technium, I had no problem at all threading it through my tubing, and the knots to my swivels (tucked half blood) seem to be strong and neat.
Won't get a chance to use it until next Tuesday, (wife is off work tomorrow so no session for me), so will update once I have actually fished with it to let you know if it's sinking properties are as described, and how it casts. Nice colour too, a sort of brown/green which should blend in with White Cottage's lake bed well.
Fingers crossed, but looking good so far.

2 hours ago, smufter said:

let you know if it's sinking properties are as described

For me the true test has always been once you've got a lump on the end of it that gives you merry hell, some lines just don't seem to play nicely after and pig tail / knot up.

Hope it's not the case smuft, and I hope the line will receive a good verdict (that's another way of saying hope you catch plenty), I enjoy your reviews :)

1 hour ago, ianain said:

For me the true test has always been once you've got a lump on the end of it that gives you merry hell, some lines just don't seem to play nicely after and pig tail / knot up.

Ahh! That will be a different subject for review Ian...... When I can also comment on it's stretch etc. I'm interested in it's sinking properties initially, to see if it lives up to it's name. Technium sinks reasonably well, so its that I'm comparing it to  

• 2 weeks later...

Well used it for the first time yesterday and got to say I am mightily impressed with it. Casts well, but more importantly sinks well, which is what it's advertised to do! It hangs nicely through the rings, the only thing I can't comment on is it's fish playing properties, 'cos I blanked!

Got snagged up in a tree going for a really tight rig placement and had to pull for a break. Very strong, it went off like the crack from a rifle when it eventually did break. Just a little bit of curly wurly at the very end, snipped that off and it threaded perfectly through some new rig tubing. 

So far, a big thumbs up from me. Just got to wait until I hook into a fish now.

Edited by smufter

• 3 months later...

Used the fluorocarbon line on a trip to France, wish I’d never bothered the line twist was the worst, open the bail arm line just wraps a round on itself and tip ring. I used a spin doctor just to see if that would help even though the line had never been used in anger but no matter how much I used a spin but no change. The line was soaked in a bucket of warm water and spooled on label side up by the owner of the shop I bought it from. Won’t be buying  this stuff again. Cheers twisted 

Edited by Chris cooper

5 hours ago, Chris cooper said:

Used the fluorocarbon line on a trip to France, wish I’d never bothered the line twist was the worst, open the bail arm line just wraps a round on itself and tip ring. I used a spin doctor just to see if that would help even though the line had never been used in anger but no matter how much I used a spin but no change. The line was soaked in a bucket of warm water and spooled on label side up by the owner of the shop I bought it from. Won’t be buying  this stuff again. Cheers twisted 

Typical Fluorocarbon......