Dogs and fishing

jh92

On 20/02/2023 at 17:31, crusian said:

So was it you , Kev , or Max that kept Jack in order ? .

Congratulations on your successful trip .

😃

tbh I didn't have to raise my voice at Jack really, he tried chewing my sleeping bag but I caught him straight away so no damage.  Max though now wants to play ball from dawn until dusk which is no big deal coz the swims are well spaced and it's quiet so not annoying anyone but he doesn't quite bring the ball all the way back then barks at me hurry up - such an annoying little bleeeeep.  Male cockers, who'd have one/two? 🤦‍♂️ 😂

I think I'd leave the tennis balls at home if I went somewhere busy - or just take Jack lol

Just saying hello.

I'm a big fan of breed specific activities took fredders along a abandoned rail line let him have at a few old rabbit holes nothing in them full of wind blown leaves plus he wouldn't fit down he just likes to widen th entrance and a general tidy up some wildlife numpty will think badgers have moved in lol.

20230228_123930.jpg

It’s going to be my first time taking my dog fishing this year. Anyone got any tricks of the trade or any tips for me I can learn before having to learn it myself ? I plan on bringing a big screw peg to chain him up to because he is up for wandering about. Bring his meals already portioned up biscuit and meat all ready to put in his bowel. I already carry excess water where I can. Have a dedicated bag for his bits and pieces, poo bags bedding extra few towels bowels. I have bought him a waterproof coat. Anything else I’m forgetting ? 

6 hours ago, Danny Hearn said:

It’s going to be my first time taking my dog fishing this year. Anyone got any tricks of the trade or any tips for me I can learn before having to learn it myself ? I plan on bringing a big screw peg to chain him up to because he is up for wandering about. Bring his meals already portioned up biscuit and meat all ready to put in his bowel. I already carry excess water where I can. Have a dedicated bag for his bits and pieces, poo bags bedding extra few towels bowels. I have bought him a waterproof coat. Anything else I’m forgetting ? 

I'm 1 for taking him on every session...

This was his 1st session with me...

Screenshot_20230310_065337_Gallery.thumb.jpg.19e3f400ab46385c6fdfa897e2ad541a.jpg

Then just grew from there...

Screenshot_20200808_145100.thumb.jpg.5df2e3fb7ce66f8aede82f2b36dbf194.jpg

Screenshot_20200705_162016.thumb.jpg.15a7ddcfe25c9602e70dcfc6d0a18629.jpg

Screenshot_20200808_145100.thumb.jpg.5df2e3fb7ce66f8aede82f2b36dbf194.jpg

Screenshot_20230310_065526_Gallery.thumb.jpg.942cf042d92a4ebe5457c0db106d851e.jpg

Screenshot_20230310_065539_Gallery.thumb.jpg.bc4d26747f860bdde47840a76bd09ce9.jpg

Screenshot_20230310_065618_Gallery.thumb.jpg.23191229d8d456410cd9d109627f1c50.jpg

I take all of the above mentioned, his chilled as anything when we're out, just loves being on the bed, being stroked, doesn't bark at anything. 

As long as he's chilled and bot bothering anyone, I think he will be fine, while the rods are out and weather is OK, I play with him, pulls on a rope or chew a branch.

Screenshot_20200912_064848.jpg

Can’t wait to take this big softy out on a night trip. I have had him with me on an evening session before and after letting him roam wild for a bit he did eventually come lay down near me and relax. He actually chose to lay down on a fallen over barbed wire fence not the unused unhooking mat I had laid out for him 🤣 but I couldn’t complain he was sleeping and I was relaxing with rods out and all was well.

DAEDE6EE-BFC4-4F78-8F7D-932C28087222.jpeg

On 10/03/2023 at 00:12, Danny Hearn said:

Seems like you've got everything covered, maybe a comb/brush coz they get sticky seed heads stuck to them.

Good luck - hope it goes well. 👍

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

Jacks first solo trip - he was brilliant, no travel sickness, no being naughty, was chilled and seemed to enjoy it lots.  Many happy trips to come 🥰😎👍

Screenshot_20230402-154919_Gallery.thumb.jpg.4fb8a198254a8e9cdf678b3f81f7990d.jpg

Screenshot_20230402-154744_Gallery.thumb.jpg.7dab14e96ce693b2012bc45cd9cf656c.jpg

Screenshot_20230402-110234_Gallery.thumb.jpg.330fc421bdd8140661ea8846fd5f7fe5.jpg

What a beautiful dog , Kev. .

I particularly like the way he is reading the water , looking for signs of fish , I'd better take a leaf out of Jack's book .

I wonder if he will keep the two shades of fur as he grows up , probably not ? .

😃

11 minutes ago, crusian said:

What a beautiful dog , Kev. .

I particularly like the way he is reading the water , looking for signs of fish , I'd better take a leaf out of Jack's book .

I wonder if he will keep the two shades of fur as he grows up , probably not ? .

😃

Thanks mate - I'm made up with him.

Not sure what will happen to his colouring, the stripe down his back is proper hair, the sides, underside and legs are like puppy fluff which I guess will change?

Whatever happens I think he will be a stunner, and a great carpy campanion!

I'm thinking about taking Betty with me this week for a day trip, she is mental but loves being with me so I am hoping that is all it takes 😂, she will have to stay tied up a bit though because she has a strong prey drive and doesn't always come back lol she is like my  shadow unless she gets a taste of freedom  IMG-20221209-WA0002.thumb.jpg.399e8fb18197a00d3e4d978ce4ded1d4.jpg

On 04/04/2023 at 14:43, elmoputney said:

I'm thinking about taking Betty with me this week for a day trip, she is mental but loves being with me so I am hoping that is all it takes 😂, she will have to stay tied up a bit though because she has a strong prey drive and doesn't always come back lol she is like my  shadow unless she gets a taste of freedom  IMG-20221209-WA0002.thumb.jpg.399e8fb18197a00d3e4d978ce4ded1d4.jpg

She looks lovely mate 🥰  Good luck 👍

• 11 months later...
8 hours ago, Carpbell3 said:

As a side, Handsome dogs? What's that all about, I get random woman stop my dog to give him a fuss and tell him how Handsome he is, not just a one off happens regularly, I get ignored, literally.

It's just odd and if a fella did it I would say something.

I had an old guy and a woman ask me all about jack and whereabouts the breeder lives just an hour apart the other Sunday.  Neither seemed interested in me lol 🤷‍♂️

On 20/03/2024 at 07:01, Carpbell3 said:

As a side, Handsome dogs? What's that all about, I get random woman stop my dog to give him a fuss and tell him how Handsome he is, not just a one off happens regularly, I get ignored, literally.

It's just odd and if a fella did it I would say something.

On 20/03/2024 at 15:39, kevtaylor said:

I had an old guy and a woman ask me all about jack and whereabouts the breeder lives just an hour apart the other Sunday.  Neither seemed interested in me lol 🤷‍♂️

So what are you saying fellas ? ; it reads like you both want to be made a fuss of 😁 .

I'm a Postie , and usually what happens is a passing dog may strain at its lead to come over to me , and have a good sniff of my trainers . Then I'll give the dog a stroke after letting it sniff my hand .

I just love meeting handsome dogs , who are much prettier than their owners 🐶.