Dogs and fishing

jh92

38 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

She’s 11 months old and far too intelligent for me! Lol! She had a bad start in life and has a fear of men, loud noises, cars, the list goes on! She loves children and has a pathological hatred of cats! She needs at least two good walks a day and she goes to doggy day care when my wife and I are both working so she isn’t left for hours on end. She’s not my first rescue, but she needs the most work and effort to train her. It’s going to be a long road as she has real deep seated anxieties from her past life which need gently correcting, but she improves steadily, she’s so loving and protective of us, (my wife especially) it’s worth the input! I would like her to become a carp dog, but we are a long way from that yet, she’s intelligent though, she learns quickly, which is both a blessing and a curse as if she has a bad experience, she doesn’t forget! 

Time and love ouch trust me I can’t put the pics of what my misses rescued but what she is now butty just through love an care 

1 hour ago, Carpmaster said:

Time and love ouch trust me I can’t put the pics of what my misses rescued but what she is now butty just through love an care 

Exactly that mate, exactly that. She needs love, time, reassurance and positive reinforcement. Oh and a few treats along the way! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/02/2021 at 15:00, ouchthathurt said:

She’s 11 months old and far too intelligent for me! Lol! She had a bad start in life and has a fear of men, loud noises, cars, the list goes on! She loves children and has a pathological hatred of cats! She needs at least two good walks a day and she goes to doggy day care when my wife and I are both working so she isn’t left for hours on end. She’s not my first rescue, but she needs the most work and effort to train her. It’s going to be a long road as she has real deep seated anxieties from her past life which need gently correcting, but she improves steadily, she’s so loving and protective of us, (my wife especially) it’s worth the input! I would like her to become a carp dog, but we are a long way from that yet, she’s intelligent though, she learns quickly, which is both a blessing and a curse as if she has a bad experience, she doesn’t forget! 

Since getting mine I've got right into dog training, I love it 😀 It's amazing having a dog willing to do and learn new stuff just for praise and treats lol. We train every day and love going on hikes. I wanted mine to be a carp dog but she is just too highly strung. She's a barker, does not like people getting close to the bivvy and just makes it hard fishing lakes so she has to stay at home lol. 

This is from a hike on dartmoor before all this started happening. Just hoping we can get out again after restrictions ease.

DSC_0467.thumb.JPG.cbca3cf68046b296ebb18b4799fd8e8b.JPG

Good luck with yours, hopefully you can get her on the bank one day!

6 minutes ago, jh92 said:

Since getting mine I've got right into dog training, I love it 😀 It's amazing having a dog willing to do and learn new stuff just for praise and treats lol. We train every day and love going on hikes. I wanted mine to be a carp dog but she is just too highly strung. She's a barker, does not like people getting close to the bivvy and just makes it hard fishing lakes so she has to stay at home lol. 

This is from a hike on dartmoor before all this started happening. Just hoping we can get out again after restrictions ease.

DSC_0467.thumb.JPG.cbca3cf68046b296ebb18b4799fd8e8b.JPG

Good luck with yours, hopefully you can get her on the bank one day!

Nice staff.  Haven’t been to Dartmoor since I’ve been a good boy 😊😊

7 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

Yep she’s got a rubber fetish her nickname is the GIMP 😂😂

Brilliant 😂

5 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

She was nearly dead when my misses rescued her 2 yrs ago they saved each other the misses was in a bad place too we wasn’t together then just friends 

Well it looks like she's struck gold now mate such a happy looking dog and fair play to your missus! I think dogs make awesome companions, mine comes pretty much everywhere with me... I pick up the keys and she'll be waiting by the front door wanting to come with 😂

2 minutes ago, jh92 said:

Brilliant 😂

Well it looks like she's struck gold now mate such a happy looking dog and fair play to your missus! I think dogs make awesome companions, mine comes pretty much everywhere with me... I pick up the keys and she'll be waiting by the front door wanting to come with 😂

I take mine out for miles just not by sheep or ducks etc but I’m up the Bally’s so encounters are the norm she’s much better now she listens I love my dog best friend you’ll have in a way I’m glad she’s not a good fishing dog as I know my misses is safe when I’m away 

06F47D83-A22F-443F-86FD-2F05CEB95546.jpeg

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Highy said:

Mine just chills on bed... 

IMG_20210402_130930.jpg

IMG_20201017_144244.jpg

get a patterdale they only get on the bed for sleep or food, don't take mine any more too old he would be off everywhere back in the day got into allsorts of fights he ended up at the vet once getting his neck stitched back up that was a close call he is a rescue that came with a few facial marks always been keen to get off on his own think because i would sort of let him he always came back eventually, never had a problem with rabbit holes luckily. he has had a look but not keen on going too far in, some dogs can shoot down them without even thinking about it. 

• 1 month later...
On 24/06/2021 at 00:03, kevtaylor said:

My daughters first dog, much to my approval a cocker called Max.  It's been a while since I trained a dog to be a good fishing companion - maybe it just came with age with mine.  Eek its gonna chew my kit, didnt think about the bad stuff! 🤦‍♂️

Screenshot_20210623-235649_Gallery.jpg

He looks like he’s going to be trouble mate 😆😂

On 24/06/2021 at 00:03, kevtaylor said:

My daughters first dog, much to my approval a cocker called Max.  It's been a while since I trained a dog to be a good fishing companion - maybe it just came with age with mine.  Eek its gonna chew my kit, didnt think about the bad stuff! 🤦‍♂️

Screenshot_20210623-235649_Gallery.jpg

Well it would appear extra nights on the bank cost 😬 

We are going to look at some cocker pups today, went yesterday, but we all liked the ***** that had been reserved, going to look at some more this morning, looks like we are getting one soon, 😂 

6 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Well it would appear extra nights on the bank cost 😬 

We are going to look at some cocker pups today, went yesterday, but we all liked the ***** that had been reserved, going to look at some more this morning, looks like we are getting one soon, 😂 

Good luck mate hope you get a good-un, worth waiting for the one you really want 👍

1 minute ago, kevtaylor said:

Good luck mate hope you get a good-un, worth waiting for the one you really want 👍

Well funny story tbh, we went to look at some this morning, me and daughter 2 liked a boy pup and mummy and d1 liked a girl pup, so we are now getting 2 😂😂😂😬😬😬😬 kc registered so should be all good hopefully, pick them up next week 

7 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Well funny story tbh, we went to look at some this morning, me and daughter 2 liked a boy pup and mummy and d1 liked a girl pup, so we are now getting 2 😂😂😂😬😬😬😬 kc registered so should be all good hopefully, pick them up next week 

Superb - well done mate, bet you cant wait 👍

• 2 months later...

Treats acquired cocktail sausage and chicken satay chunks, was going to take cooked and diced liver no sure they would be happy with that might be sensory overload. looking forward to getting up there i'm hoping he proper wants out. last time i went up there for a dog i came home with two.