Dogs and fishing

jh92

• 1 month later...
On 24/01/2018 at 10:41, jh92 said:

A few months ago I had to get my jack russell put down because she had a tumor and now I'm starting to think about getting another one. She made an amazing friend but was terrible when it came to fishing and would have to be left at home. Not sure if its because it was in her nature, but she wouldn't settle, she would walk around sniffing everything until she got scent/sight of something and just give chase. Also had selective hearing and wouldn't come back when she was focused on something lol.

My question is do different breeds of dogs do better than others and is there any I should look at in particular? 

Get a staffie make good buddys an are good out

10 minutes ago, carpyian said:

he looks nice and calm from your pictures hes is still young/pup they do sleep alot when pups hes growing well highy 

Yep, 8 month old today, its probablythe 5kg a week that is starting to fill him out, plus a good walk/play every day. 

• 5 months later...

FBF730C9-CC47-435A-952A-E383FE6E96C2.thumb.jpeg.fa20ecc2cfe752a7a8b2a7b68133cec4.jpeg

it’s fully grown now 😂

she’s a great dog I’m always out walking her, we go for hikes on the weekend, it just doesn’t tire out and always want to play or go for walks 🤦‍♂️😂

she’s not a very good fishing dog though, can’t come to the lakes she barks at people approaching the bivvy, so has to stay at home unless I’m fishing canal/river 😂

29 minutes ago, jh92 said:

FBF730C9-CC47-435A-952A-E383FE6E96C2.thumb.jpeg.fa20ecc2cfe752a7a8b2a7b68133cec4.jpeg

it’s fully grown now 😂

she’s a great dog I’m always out walking her, we go for hikes on the weekend, it just doesn’t tire out and always want to play or go for walks 🤦‍♂️😂

she’s not a very good fishing dog though, can’t come to the lakes she barks at people approaching the bivvy, so has to stay at home unless I’m fishing canal/river 😂

Her barking at people ain’t a bad thing in this day an age with the way things are going

1 hour ago, jh92 said:

it’s fully grown now 😂

Lovely looking staff, they r great.... 14yrs ours lasted... 

IMG_20201118_081512.thumb.jpg.128be0051bba864d8ad72572fba3c961.jpg

This Mon thinks he rules the roost now, 12 month old 2 week ago. 

• 1 month later...

I’m in the process of training my collie/carpathian shepherd cross, we rescued her from Romania. She’s 10 months old and a little character! Just got off the phone with a dog trainer. She’s been on one carp fishing trip with me and she dug holes everywhere and barker at all the other dogs! 

She’s 11 months old and far too intelligent for me! Lol! She had a bad start in life and has a fear of men, loud noises, cars, the list goes on! She loves children and has a pathological hatred of cats! She needs at least two good walks a day and she goes to doggy day care when my wife and I are both working so she isn’t left for hours on end. She’s not my first rescue, but she needs the most work and effort to train her. It’s going to be a long road as she has real deep seated anxieties from her past life which need gently correcting, but she improves steadily, she’s so loving and protective of us, (my wife especially) it’s worth the input! I would like her to become a carp dog, but we are a long way from that yet, she’s intelligent though, she learns quickly, which is both a blessing and a curse as if she has a bad experience, she doesn’t forget!