Dogs and fishing

jh92

21 hours ago, carpyian said:

ive got a jack Russell and hes a true pain into everything a proper terrier could not take him hes great with ppl but rats and mice would not stand a chance id also be scared of him jumping in the water and trying to get the ducks and swans plus of a night in the bivvy the slightest sound he would be barking his head off 

Yeah mate they are nuts ain’t they 😂 I used to have one and she was mad for anything that moved.

I tried taking her when I was a teenager and she jumped in the water when I wasn’t looking and swam after a duck and ended up on the island. I managed to call her back but didn’t take her much after that 😂😂

17 hours ago, crusian said:

Now if you could only train her to " ave a word " with anyone casting across your lines .

😁

Would be good 😂 it’s good on the canal/river though with strange people walk past at night, she will make herself known and they give the bivvy wide birth 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, yonny said:

She's an absolute stunner mate.

Do you still take her fishing?

My little staffy was a nightmare on the bank, bless him. Great fun but stalking opportunities became scaring opportunities.

Cheers mate 

Not on the lakes mate she barks at people coming close to the bivvy, likes to let me know someone is coming 😂

I take her on the river and canal though, there’s some ropey people who walk the banks down there especially at night so don’t mind her barking to let me know someone is coming lol.

She is 2 this month so still pretty young, hopefully she grows out of it/calms down as she gets older 😂 she’s pretty hard to settle on the bank as well, wants to play all the time and doesn’t like sitting down for too long 😩😂

did yours calm down as he got older??

19 minutes ago, jh92 said:

did yours calm down as he got older??

It took a while mate but yes.

The problem with staffy pups, like you say, is that they just want to play, and any dog friendly visitors can see that and tend to play back, winding them up. They then leave you with this completely manic little dog that you're try in vain to get to relax!!

Great fun though buddy.

22 hours ago, finchey said:

Lovely teeth do you brush them? 😁

She has raw bones apparently they keep them clean lol I did try some meaty toothpaste and brush when she was a pup but she ended trying to eat the brush so stopped doing it 😂

27 minutes ago, yonny said:

It took a while mate but yes.

The problem with staffy pups, like you say, is that they just want to play, and any dog friendly visitors can see that and tend to play back, winding them up. They then leave you with this completely manic little dog that you're try in vain to get to relax!!

Great fun though buddy.

Nice mate there's still hope then lol and my niece plays with her and gets tired before the dog does 😂 

We've just got to the canal gonna have a walk and look for some fish and then fish from the van to kill some time lol 👍

We are now thinking about getting a Pupper. Mate of mine has got a Frenchie that is his well behaved Bivvy dog, and I thought of one of these, or maybe a Staffie, but my wife is dead set against either of these breeds.
She is swaying towards a Cockerpoo.  I must admit, they do look loveable, and we have been reading up about all of their traits etc. One would seem the perfect addition to the family.
But could a Cockerpoo make a good bivvy companion???

Yes!!!!.jpg

Edited by smufter

2 hours ago, smufter said:

We are now thinking about getting a Pupper. Mate of mine has got a Frenchie that is his well behaved Bivvy dog, and I thought of one of these, or maybe a Staffie, but my wife is dead set against either of these breeds.
She is swaying towards a Cockerpoo.  I must admit, they do look loveable, and we have been reading up about all of their traits etc. One would seem the perfect addition to the family.

Yes!!!!.jpg

I think with cockerpoos it's best to check it's parents/blood lines, if it's got working cockerspaniel in it, they can be a bit of a handful. This is what I've been told by a cockerpoo owner anyway lol. The dog looks well cute though mate haha

17 hours ago, smufter said:

Yes!!!!.jpg

The dog does look adorable , Smufter , but , it doesn't look too impressed by you ! .

😁

On 29/02/2020 at 13:14, Highy said:

IMG_20200229_112200.thumb.jpg.c181e33744b370a1d75383d56d43e3de.jpg

Hopefully some Carp Hound shots to come...

12week old French Bulldog "Theo"

I maybe picking him up tomorrow ?

Can't wait get him home settled in then out with me...

His 1st proppa session will be in July when I'm out for 72hrs 😟😟

1 hour ago, Highy said:

I maybe picking him up tomorrow ?

Can't wait get him home settled in then out with me...

His 1st proppa session will be in July when I'm out for 72hrs 😟😟

I first took mine when it was 12 weeks old and after a few hours it got bored and just savaged me, constant puppy biting.

Telling it no and saying ouch just excited it even more lol

I think I packed up after 5 hours.

Good luck mate 😂😂

14 hours ago, jh92 said:

I first took mine when it was 12 weeks old and after a few hours it got bored and just savaged me, constant puppy biting.

Telling it no and saying ouch just excited it even more lol

I think I packed up after 5 hours.

Good luck mate 😂😂

Brings back memories lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...