January catch reports

greekskii

I'll kick this one off. Seems like we have all had a rough time of it lately!

After 5 blank nights over December I was out for a day session on Saturday and about 20mins after dropping a snowman hookbait a rod length off the dam wall I landed this mid double. I did absolutely ruin the pics, probably out of practice or due to the cold. Not that it matters really. 

IMG_0810.JPG

13 minutes ago, B.C. said:

This is what I love about this forum. It's stories and pics like this that just cheer you up.... Marvelous. And, I for one, will remember all of Smufter's blanks and tales of really hard sessions before landing that beauty, whenever I'm on a run of blanks..... Sheer inspiration for anyone.:)

Cheers mate. Out again on Tuesday. I'll let you know how it goes. Fingers crossed and now the monkey's off my back I feel a lot more relaxed about the whole thing. But I won't get complacent.....and I'll put my hat on straight and slap a bit of make up on just in case I get photo'd again!! 8)

Edited by smufter

cheers mate. It did smell unreal, I did try it too, Wonderful.

I had a little glass of the mint choc stuff the other night. Room temp it was well balanced. I dropped an ice cube in it the mint flavour came out a lot more than the choc. Not sure I want to be using it for fishing tbh with the mint flavour. But then mint works for carp so I'm going to risk it!

Finally, broke the curse! First fish in over a month I believe:

20180129_163610.thumb.jpg.bdafec921aecc77dbe52e9ef36112c53.jpg

Not big at all, but a fish nevertheless. Photo could been better, everythings a bit distorted, but I was working quickly to get the fish back in the water to recover as soon as possible.

12 hours ago, TnCarper said:

Finally, broke the curse! First fish in over a month I believe:

20180129_163610.thumb.jpg.bdafec921aecc77dbe52e9ef36112c53.jpg

Not big at all, but a fish nevertheless. Photo could been better, everythings a bit distorted, but I was working quickly to get the fish back in the water to recover as soon as possible.

That's a pristine looking carp TC , beautifully proportioned .

:)