Anyone got the new fox rx + alarms?

I sold my ntxr alarms due to downgrading my tackle as I had a lot of money worth and needed the cash for other things and I got some cheap fox m+ alarms ok to do the job but now I am more cash stable I fancy getting the new fox alarms just no reviews out just yet just wanna make sure there good and no problems with them 

20 minutes ago, Big Common said:

As far as reviews go. Seems that , these days, by the time someone has owned something long enough to give a decent review, the item is replaced by the company with a newer model.

Yeah totally agree. I'll not be switching over to the RX+ I don't think for that reason.

I had a set on test for a while and to be fair they worked well. Certainly had no problems. The receiver worked really well in some thick fog and the setup did what it was supposed to do.

Which is why I've seen no reason to buy them.

I have a set of MK1 delks that I use for perching....if I need to, and a set of Nash r3's, along side a pair of old Fox Sx's.

The delks with the vibration sensing work really well, especially with species such as perch which hate any resistance.  They also work perfectly well for carp, tench, pike etc.

My old Sx models are war torn and battered beyond belief but work really well. Despite the casing being cut in half by a rampaging carp, after the mono got wrapped around the casing. (If ever Gr60 needed a bigup...that's it!)

The Nash R3'S were an impulse buy.  I really like them. Great build quality. The preset sensitivity works well as does the "speed sensing".  

My point being.  If you want the best bite indication for carp.  If you have the money and want the best bite indication.  Money is no object.  I neeeeeed the best because that's what Kevin mcfairbrass and Mark Delkim Mcblair uses.....

Buy some floats.

No bite alarm will be as accurate  It's 50yrds behind the action.

I like the new Rx+. They looked smart. I've not  been willing to write prose about how they will change your fishing for the better, because they won't. So they went back.

Good alarms. For what alarms do.  Just think carefully about why you are spending your cash.

• 1 year later...