Bite Alarm Help

Hi Guys,

Was hoping for some help I have some very cheap alarms at moment but looking to get some with a receiver. I don't have enough for some delkims currently so want something I can use while I save.

I was looking at the TFG Reaction ones as they are £59.99 for 3 including a receiver that's about my budget are they any good or can someone recommend me anything else?

Thanks

I've just bought a set of 3 JRC Radar CX alarms, and am really chuffed with them.

£99.00 brand new off the bay, do absolutely everything I want (and more) 

Separate tone, volume and sensitivity buttons, and my much preferred toggle on/off switch on the bottom.

Left to turn on, right to turn on with night light and middle for off. So easy.

jrc-radar-cx-set-3-1-blue-1411118-2e0.jpg

To be honest, you don't have to get Delkims with receiver to start as the ST versions will take the Gardner Attx system dongles and receiver at a later date, as I did.

Otherwise if you want a set of alarms that come complete with receiver as standard, then look at TFG Magrunners which are around £70-80 for 3. I used to work in a tackle shop, and rarely had any come back faulty, unlike some other makes...

https://www.totalfishinggear.co.uk/buy.cfm/tfg-bite-alarms/tf-gear-dave-lane-mag-runner-bite-alarm-set/39/no/64552

Delkim St's in 2003/4, the same set this or last year...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing on this Earth could persuade me to fish beneath high-voltage power lines like those, particularly at the lowest point of sag.

Carbon fibre conducts electricity almost as well as a lump of copper does and a 12ft length of it in the hands, along with damp/wet conditions is a recipe for death.  To each his own, of course.

Ian

On 12/5/2017 at 22:34, welder said:

Nothing on this Earth could persuade me to fish beneath high-voltage power lines like those, particularly at the lowest point of sag.

Carbon fibre conducts electricity almost as well as a lump of copper does and a 12ft length of it in the hands, along with damp/wet conditions is a recipe for death.  To each his own, of course.

Ian

The one swim on the lake that allows a bait boat!!

8)

On 06/12/2017 at 10:43, Carpbell_ll said:

You should see the domestic power lines that run over barston lake, they take the electric supply to the farm house next to the lake, leads, spombs all sorts wrapped around them, they must be insulated but it looks like bare green metal cable, i wouldn't fish under them.

Makes no difference if insulated or not mate braid/ mono/flouro wouldn't conduct the electricity, a lake i fish has lines going across it and same thing leads,spombs,spods  etc hanging from it. If you are gentle you can actually retrieve them if you end up over a line.....seen it done a couple of times 

4 hours ago, crusian said:

Yes , very well done indeed Nick - smarty pants ! .

Is that 3rd 'photo of a 30lber Nick ? . 

The order they were caught was 26, 20, 26, 16, all caught in January a couple of years ago on a 4 night session. I was just about to photograph the second 26 when the best looking fish of the lot took, that beautiful double.

Picture order is the third fish was the 20lb, the top was the second 26.