Shropshire

1 hour ago, welder said:

Damien, take a look at Merrington Carp Fishery. It's between Shrewsbury and Wem and holds good fish.

If you do Facebook you'll find their page on there, or Google it, of course.

Ian

Holds alot of bad ones aswel seen pics of some real ugly Simmos with great big sores on them definitely better lakes than merrinton in Shropshire. Guess it's a start but I'd look elseware.

Have a look on you tube and search for dean Watson. He's a good mate of mine and has done some fishery tours of the day tickets in Shropshire. He still has a few more to go on yet but that will be a good start for you. You get a good explanation of each lake, a look at some of the fish and a lake walk a round, showing all the swims and facilities. This should give you a good feel of the lakes and see if you like the look of them. 

Personally, I think that Merrington would be your best bet. Yes, there are some Simmons in there but it also holds some Wellington fish, including some big commons. I find it's always best to take advice off people who have been to places, not just 'seen pictures' or 'heard stories' etc! 

22 hours ago, LJC carper said:

Holds alot of bad ones aswel seen pics of some real ugly Simmos with great big sores on them definitely better lakes than merrinton in Shropshire. Guess it's a start but I'd look elseware.

When did you last fish Merrington, LJC?

Ian

walcot pools used to be a good bet, day ticket from the hall/bailiff, was £3.50 per rod per day.

BAA did have the rights to the east lake at one time but they may have dropped it as no one looked after it.

loads of carp in the severn too, holt fleet, top barn cheep as chips. :wink:

Edited by cyborx

5 hours ago, damien88 said:

the 2 lakes aren't connected...the fish cant move between lakes...the baa side is a joke...its not abit of weed its complete weed the whole lake...doubt anyone's fished it for years

Ah I see. I may go and have a look at it my self. You be surprise how easily the fish can move between lakes if the one lakes syndicate and the other lakes neglected the bigger fish could welll have been moved into the syndicate lake. Only one way to find out though. Best time to fish really weedy lakes is in the spring march to june. Its proberly not that weedy every year. You have good years and bad years depending which weed it is.

On 11 October 2017 at 22:46, welder said:

I've fished Merrington on many occasions and Docklow only once. I know which environment I prefer but you must judge for yourself.

Ian

I was with Ian at a social at Merrington. Some nice fish in there. I'd happily return

3 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I was with Ian at a social at Merrington. Some nice fish in there. I'd happily return

Fancy another gathering there, Nick? I've been thinking of sorting another social on there some time next year.

If anyone else on here is interested just let me know.

Ian