How you choose a Boilie!

TM1985

10 minutes ago, greekskii said:

on day sessions, maybe they might sit off it. but they'll hit it at some point as Yonny says. dont be scared. 

Big fish will eat a lot of bait. they need the food to replenish energy, etc. 

As you said cost is a factor. I bulk bait with particle. £30 will easily get you 75kg+ of dry particle. triple that weight when wet (roughly) Luckily I get my bait cheap (still not pennies though) so I will buy 10-15kg at a time but with a family to provide for and saving for a house, and freezer space that;s what I'm limited to per month. If I could, id be using 30kg a month, if not more, if I was on a low stock water and prebaiting was a key part of the puzzle. I currently go through 2-4kg per 24hr session, which I do 4 of a month, depending on catch rate. Anything left over gets put on my winter spot. My catch rate is pretty good at the moment. If I was using more bait I would be catching more, no doubt. 

Ways around cost, as you've said with groundbait, particle, etc. 

MY BOSS WALKED IN MID POST..

Bait Tech's Poloni boilie is interesting.. anyone ever tasted one? Proper intense peppery garlicky weird taste

I didn't do great on a sesh with it, the cats loved it though and cats are dominant over carp on feeding areas so that is not the bait's fault, it is very different though and I might try it fished with my current fave

Their new Triple N nut boilie already has a good following as well but I wouldn't feel that confident behind nut mixes personally

10 hours ago, Big Common said:

I've heard that garlic can be a bit hit and miss, I guess it's a case of getting the levels right.

You're right there. Overdose and it's a repellent. Used in the farming industry as a feed enhancer for sick fish. We used to put a sack of pellet in a cement mixer. Throw in a load of sunflower oil, garlic powder and the medicine. It also has anti bacterial properties too so it's good for them. 

On 26/09/2017 at 13:18, Lee Kashan said:

Down to the nuts and bolts:

If you had to choose two bait companies only for the rest of your life, what would they be?

I haven't tried many small companies if any. I did try one but was not impressed unfortunately. I do know there are some great small companies about though. One that has a good following round near me is Shoreline..

However mine would be Premier and Dynamite, in that order of preference

Never dynamite I'm afraid, bought loads of bits from them in the past and they ALL had little bits of plastic or silver foil type stuff in em, especially the groundbait. Complained and they kindly sent me replacements, guess what, more foil! . I use active bait solutions. Never use any other company again. I've tried most believe me, even had a go with baitworks, quality bait but no luck. Confidence is key yes so when I didn't get a nibble for 3 weeks using it I changed back to ABS. Will never think about changing again!

Plenty of mainline lovers on here lol, joking aside is anyone using their fishmeal on here?

If i am honest mate, I would look at some of the companies mentioned in the thread much better quality and nearly half the price per kilo even if you need them posting out and if you haven't got freezer space most do a shelfie option.

3 minutes ago, Lee Kashan said:

That reminds me gotta sort out my latest order of delicious Premier Baits into the glug tubs and freezer

Spent a fortune on it recently, loving it and for the money got LOADS of bait which will last me six months

This time of year 10kg lasts me less than a month!! Normal rate is 10kilo a month. Over 4 sessions (I do one night a week). But I'm not prebaiting at all. Just with leftovers from the session. 

Not fishing this weekend but doing Thursday - Saturday next week. Good 6 kilo minimum coming with me. And a good bit of pellet and particle too. Last time I ran out of bait and ended up not staying the second night 😂 But I'd caught plenty so didn't mind. 

Right, there was an email to become a field tester for solar. I applied got 'in'. Ordered bait, no luck on it really, Choco nut I think. My mate got chatting to some Nash boys who said it was a marketing ploy. Being a tester we had a private forum, I brought it up on there, someone was saying solar is amazing etc etc, I again said about marketing ploy, someone got a bit angry, I told em to stop blowing smoke up moderator's bum, got kicked off. No more testing! End of