Hair rigs (or something different)

20170726_162320.thumb.png.e02cebb052f388426af812e3328a1b8a.png

Hi all...been busy while a week off work...20 hair rigs made but only shrank tubed 10 on the hook shank/eye...should i shrink tube the swivel attachments also ??

Some are for 1 boilie and some for 2...

Should i make any others or keep to what i know..

A friend swears by the Ronnie rig..

Honestly...since ive started carp fishing a few weeks ago ive just used pre tied rigs but amended them to hold 1/2 boilies and not missed a take (4 carp only) but back of my mind its not what ive made..ginna try these out at weekend but hair rigs are the easiest to make..when i dont het bites i change the bait or location...i only fish inline also..

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 16:44, Highy said:

Hi all...been busy while a week off work...20 hair rigs made but only shrank tubed 10 on the hook shank/eye...should i shrink tube the swivel attachments also ??

Unless I'm in a bag, I always put anti tangle sleeves at swivel end fella. always kicks the bait away from the lead

• 1 month later...

Combi-rig; Amnesia to Kryston Merlin with line aligner, and I have used what looks like ArmaKord as the hair to avoid crayfish cutting it off. I was extending the Merlin, but found the loops were getting frayed as Crays played with the hookbaits.

image.jpg

Something different:

A coated braid hooklink, Snakebite, line aligned hook, with sliding rig ring on shank stopped from sliding round the bend by rubber stop.

I can then attach hair myself, to the length I want/need, usually with a snowman bait on it, a wooden ball topped with a meshed pop-up.

image.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 27 July 2017 at 09:01, phil dalts said:

Stick to what you're confident with. Since I've been fishing loads of rigs came into fashion, chod, multi rig, now Ronnie rig. Keep it simple and tangle free and you've got as much chance as the next guy

Strangely enough, I very rarely use anti- tangle sleeves over the hooklink swivel, and don't often get tangles, although I do use PVA stringers or mesh almost every cast, or a Corn nugget to protect the hook.

My rigs haven't changed much over years, and I do try to keep it simple. For goodness knows how many years it was a case of a knotless knotted rig with a line aligner. That was made with braid, coated braid, or as part of a combi-link, although when I moved onto Nazeing I did start fishing with that sliding rig on the shank. The reason for that was so i could:

a) change the hair length to suit the fishing.

b) have a hair strong enough to combat crays.

c) fish a snowman or bottom bait without changing rigs. 

I have put a picture of that rig above. It works with a snowman, multiple bottom baits or a single, or even as a pop-up rig.