Daiwa Sensor or Hyper Sensor

Hi all,

I'm looking at getting some line to fill the reels that i'm getting and have narrowed it down to these two Daiwa Sensor and Hyper Sensor.

I like the Sensor as it states that it had good abrasion resistance and the Hyper Sensor is thinner for the same pundage so should cast better.

Any thoughts.

Thanks

Andy

Unfortunately you can't have everything lol.....

No line does everything bud. You get the pre-stretched lines which are good for casting but lack abrasion resistance, the all-rounders that do everything quite well, or the snag lines that are hard as nails but lack elsewhere i.e. casting. The fluoros sink well but behave terribly.

So with that in mind what is genuinely important to you? How far do you actually need to cast? What are the waters you fish like?

You need Rig Marole SLS Specimon Tough mate. Hard as nails, they do a demo where they saw through wood with it. Sinks great and casts reasonably well. Tricky to find but worth finding.

I've been using it for over a year now, it's amazing stuff. Chilfactor on here uses it, as does Crusian, and a couple of others. I know that Chil can testify to its abrasion resistance having battled with a snag only to find the line in perfect condition afterwards.

If abrasion resistance is the one then this is the line you need IMO.

I use both.... Daiwa Sensor for Carp fishing and The Hyper Sensor on club matches in the match kit... like it... although the Hyper sensor gets a tad curly if you slide shot or rubber stoppers up and down it...

I used to use infinity Duo, Loved it... but I can't seem to find a stockist any more... perhaps it's been discontinued

Edited by bluelabel
(addendum)

Synchro loaded is a nice line. Although I do prefer my GR60, deffo my line of choice. The Sensor is a good choice though, especially for the price.  Just be sure to load in on properly and remove any twist in an open field. It will treat you as well as you treat it.

I used Daiwa Sensor for years, good line, stood up to plenty of abuse and a better line at budget price than many of the more expensive lines.

I now use Gardner Pro, and love it. For a 0.35 15lb line it casts well, does stand up to gravel and snags.

As Yonny has said though, if you are looking for an out and out casting line, check diameters, (and shock leader rules), as you will need to up the price you pay.

On 7/14/2017 at 17:43, Phil said:

Synchro loaded is a nice line. Although I do prefer my GR60, deffo my line of choice. The Sensor is a good choice though, especially for the price.  Just be sure to load in on properly and remove any twist in an open field. It will treat you as well as you treat it.

How do you load yours? Regardless of how I load mine, it always has twist, especially after a session.

So, best laid plans (etc), i went for Shimano Airo line in 15lb in the end after speaking to the tackle shop sales guy.

He said that the shimano is a tough line that sinks well and has a dia of 0.35mm so the same as most 15lb and has little memory.

I soak my spools in water for min of 24 hours before spooling and don't think i've ever had a problem with line twist, although i don't go any where as near as often as you guys.

Andy