Where to fish river lot

For the licence you can pick up a Carte de Peche at any Tourist Information Office, most Tabacs, large supermarkets and of course fishing shops. The CdP are issued by Department so you need to buy one in the Lot Department if that is where you are fishing. There is a reciprocal arrangement whereby you can fish in other departments with your CdP but you would need to clarify which departments qualify when you buy the CdP. If you are only fishing for a few days then you can get a fortnight's CdP which is cheaper than the annual one but I would advise that you also ask for the CH stamp as some public waters can only be fished with the CH stamp. It doesn't cost much more.

The whole of the River Lot is classed as a Carpe de Nuit venue meaning that you can fish for carp at night along the whole length of river....

http://www.pechelot.com/web/en/regulations/

The river is absolutely gin clear and night fishing is really your best chance of getting some decent carp. The Three Foot Twits have made a video of their experiences on the Lot. If you can stand the bullpoo you might be interested in their methods and experiences. I nearly wet myself when they mentioned the gruelling drive from the ferry port. Gruelling driving in SW France?  :shock:

I'm not sure of where you are travelling from, but if you are coming from the UK and heading for Slovenia you will be making a massive detour to get down to the Lot Valley :D

If you take the direct route to Slovenia from Calais then you would probably be following the Rhone Valley. The Lot is at the other side of the country, About 800 km away. The other thing is that the weather in France in spring can be unpredictable and the rivers can flood for days or weeks on end. Especially on the eastern side of the country.