greys gt4 & wychwood exorcist 65 big pit..HELP

hi guys 

new to forum and hoping some one can help

i am looking at getting new 3x rod & reel setup and so far im considering the greys gt4 rod and wychwood exorcist 65 big pit bait runner for the money i want to spend any reviews on these and any other rod and reels to consider 

i know a lot is down to were i will be fishing but i do a lot of diffrent venues and hoping to try get something i can take every were

rod would preferably be a 12ft  3lb test curve 

reel would  need to have a baitrunner that i can also use on big pits

thanks in advance

4 minutes ago, B7G_Mi77O7 said:

i know bud im just not that confident in the switch can see my self getting into all sorts of trouble on a run in thr middle of the night

You get used to it, very quickly.

Since Baitrunners came into major fishing around the early 90's I have been on and off with them, Baitrunners, Baitrunners, Big Pits, using front drag with no free spool,  Baitrunners again, then the Beastmasters.

You learn the method on the reel you use. 

3 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

You get used to it, very quickly.

Since Baitrunners came into major fishing around the early 90's I have been on and off with them, Baitrunners, Baitrunners, Big Pits, using front drag with no free spool,  Baitrunners again, then the Beastmasters.

You learn the method on the reel you use. 

ill give them a good look tomorrow in the shop biteing the bullet and purchasing something tomorrow

I was torn between the two . In the end I went for the big pits with the quick drag , after a few sessions I now have them sussed and think I made the right decision , if you think about it , with the quick drag system there are less moving parts as your going for the more budget range ( same as I did ) you get more for your money with a simpler system , that a more complicated and costly baitrunner , there is more to go wrong with the bait runner , and for me its just the difference from flicking the handle to moving the (censored) , now saying that I do backwind and dont need to have the clutch set , but with a bait runner system you have two clutches , so it comes down to the way you fish really ............

dave       

You'll make the switch from baitrunners really quickly....maybe have the odd strike without tightening the clutch, but I find that's usually after a couple of beers.  

I've been using the Wychwood Riot 65's and they're good for the money.