New Match Reel Needed

Im after a new match reel ... i have a shimano alivio thats about 7 years old now and while putting some new line on today i noticed that the shaft is slightly bent and when pulling line out the spool is off centre and spins all crooked so its time to retire the old girl.

Im after a match reel not a baitrunner i want rear drag adjustment only and the option to hold 6 and 10lb lines so i also need 2 spools and a single handle cannot get on with a double one.

And finally the reels nowadays just look a little whacky and space age the colours have got abit crazy looking and all abit ott ... so summin thats looks that it should be sold in a tackle shop and not a toy shop.

Sorry if im asking abit much but im getting old and some of them reels hurt my eyes.

Colour is amusing, but Drennan Red Range feeder reels are very tidy pieces of kit. As much as I love Shimano reels, the Red's are better value than the same price Shimano.

Spare spool, line strength markers that click onto the spool

DEANO when you say match fishing just what are you fishing with ? match rod or carp rod ? 

I never used more than 4lb line with my match rod , I had a diawa closed spool reel great bit of kit can't remember the number of that one  , I do still have my mitchell match reel in perfect working order just couldnt get on with it , I liked to open the bail arm and finger the line rather than flicking it open.

DEANO mate don't worry about a rear drag learn to back wind and be connected to your fish...........

dave 

On Sun Apr 30 2017 at 23:30, cloud9 said:

DEANO when you say match fishing just what are you fishing with ? match rod or carp rod ? 

I never used more than 4lb line with my match rod , I had a diawa closed spool reel great bit of kit can't remember the number of that one  , I do still have my mitchell match reel in perfect working order just couldnt get on with it , I liked to open the bail arm and finger the line rather than flicking it open.

DEANO mate don't worry about a rear drag learn to back wind and be connected to your fish...........

dave 

Hi dave im after a match reel for my floater rod i dnt want a big heavy baitrunner when your holding a floater rod for a fews hours weight matters ... the 6lb and 10lb lines i use depend witch situation im in ... as for backwinding never got on with it i was in an age where the only reels we had where rear drag and thats what im use to.

11 hours ago, DEANO30 said:

Hi dave im after a match reel for my floater rod i dnt want a big heavy baitrunner when your holding a floater rod for a fews hours weight matters ... the 6lb and 10lb lines i use depend witch situation im in ... as for backwinding never got on with it i was in an age where the only reels we had where rear drag and thats what im use to.

I see where your coming from now mate,  I use an old 11ft carp rod and one of my old mitchell reels for surface fishing , they just feel nicely balanced.

dave