Can anyone identify this model of Nash pod please

1 minute ago, carpmachine said:

Yep , its the yukka tangle your tackle tarts special, no practicality built on fashion, rubbish purchase.

It was dirt cheap and will get me back on the bank just one leg is slightly damaged and won't sit straight I could possibly make something but if there were a part that would fit I'd be tempted to buy it if it's not silly money 

12 minutes ago, mitomaniac said:

It was dirt cheap and will get me back on the bank just one leg is slightly damaged and won't sit straight I could possibly make something but if there were a part that would fit I'd be tempted to buy it if it's not silly money 

Most of these pods legs are actual banksticks mate, they screw onto the center frame., if the damage is to one of these then in may be possible to just add a cheaper adjustable bank stick to it. But as CM says use banksticks,where possible, the legs may come off of that as i said and be able to use an single banksticks anyhow.

2 minutes ago, carpmachine said:

Sensible advice buddy, fashion dont catch fish, it looks good and causes problems.

Ive had a few of the decent ones and your right, no need tbh. I got a cheapy one of the bay, pod setup that had a total of 8 bank sticks making it up, used the pod once on a lake with concrete swims but apart from that just use bank sticks, much more secure.

Only reason I need one is my club water has about 50/50 mix of concrete and normal swims and sticks won't be of any use there one of the concrete platforms is my most producing peg from the past and very under fished as it takes patience to cast due to overhead trees , this one the legs don't unscrew and even the buzz bars have a cam style fitting on them and use a screw to hold them in place on the pod 

Don't use pods myself, but can't for the life of me see why this would cause tangles , looks no different to some of the lads that's post pics up on here who use pods or guys I've met on socials, never here anyone complaining of tangles. 

It will be fine fella, think some lads weight them down with a carrier bag full of stones on concrete .

1 hour ago, mitomaniac said:

my club water has about 50/50 mix of concrete and normal swims

As an alternative; on the concrete swims, can you put a bank stick in the margin?

Then if the water level is lower than the concrete rest the butt on the concrete, or use a bait box, bucket etc to rest your butt on?

But yeah, otherwise as the others have said use the pod, it does the job; you could always take it into your local tackle shop who may be able to fix it for you.

2 hours ago, carpmachine said:

Lads if you say you have never seen people get their inactive lines tangle by using pods or the thing in the way when netting fish, you havent lived 

I can honestly say that I have never seen anyone get their inactive line tangled by using a pod.

1 hour ago, carpmachine said:

And you have never had to reel in the other rods or throw the pod out of the way to land a fish?

Ah you didn't word it like that!

Yes, I've had to reel in one of the other rods (or at least had to remove it from the pod and place it down low on the ground) to avoid a fish running across my line, but never (ever) have I had to throw my pod out of the way, or have I ever seen anyone else do anything so daft.

And the only way I could see you not having to do something like this is if you were using single bank sticks spaced out quite a way apart, with lines going out at all angles.

Who fishes single banksticks? Most people using sticks will have a two rod buzz bar fitted. Which is no different to using a two rod pod!!

3 hours ago, carpmachine said:

And you have never had to reel in the other rods or throw the pod out of the way to land a fish, dont beleive you, sorry, seen plenty, and had to play cats cradle as guys got all 3 rods tangled by a single fish, rubbish lads.

At worst ill move left or right rod over  to one side , but thats no big deal as it doesnt disturb the baits already cast out.

Im sure you are just looking for an argument now with those comments above , what you think you may have seen as to what  probable happened  are two different things

If it gets frantic tip the rods next door butts-up and rod tips in the water on the bottom and play the fish over them.  We have a 1 rod rule where I am but occasionally banksticks are within a length of each other, and pods are helpfull sometimes, and in either case ditching the adjacent rods usually averts trouble.  The nights when it was sorting out tangles time after time between all these mad fish are what I call the good old days now.

7 hours ago, carpmachine said:

Me too, whenever possible and angled away from each other.

I do like to get the rods pointing in the general direction of where i'm fishing , on a pod or bank sticks and buzz bars your limited by the angle , as for getting tangled up with your other lines its for this very reason I only fish two rods , with three I just know how much of a mess I would be in !! with the rest of the anglers having a right old laugh .....

dave  

As i mentioned in an earlier post i prefer to use bank sticks or the buzz bars on just bank sticks not a pod. Ive had to lay a rod down while playing a fish, but cant see how that would be any different using bank sticks. Ive never had any of the issues mentioned and i used to a pod all the time. The reason for my change to stick/buzz bars on sticks is that there are cats up to 100lb ion the lake, while ive never had any issues with a pod moving on a take i just feel better having my kit pushed into the ground.

19 minutes ago, carpmachine said:

The lines are too close, especially when landing fish, it looks nice and tidy and with hard banks is the perfect tool, but take a look at the Dave Lane blog from Farlows with Ian  Chilcott, cats cradle and his third rod was in the next swim, i have seen the mess you can get in with lines too close, take a look at Grange Milkys old pics of his set up, he had to fold the reel handles to stop them colliding, fashion lads dont catch fish.

Is this the one that took out his third rod, that was maybe 15 yards away?

If he'd been fishing with a pod, he wouldn't have had that problem.

Personally would much rather have all my rods together .... only one area you need to stear them round then & not multiple.  Good advice to give people starting out is try not to set your rods up slap bang in the middle of your peg , especially if you are unable to leave the peg to land the fish ( bankside vegetation etc ) set them up to one side & leave your self as much room to land them in the peg as possible. 

Edited by chillfactor