Free Spirit Hi-S

• 1 month later...

it's a wet thursday and i'm housebound so trolling through some forum posts. I'm surprised no answers to this one and i guess you've either bought the hi-s's or gone for something else? i use the hi-s 3.5lb and find them brilliant casting and playing rods, good distance without the frapping you get on some other rods. Previous to that i had century NG 3.5s, but find the hi-s better.

One of the best rods around in my and many other people's opinions. Did have a waggle if the next model up (think they call them ives) but they felt a bit too much like my beachcasters.

They come up second-hand now & then so you could save some money by looking for used rods..

31 minutes ago, btarlyte said:

brilliant casting and playing rods

Casting yes, playing no, IMO. They are a casting rod at the end of the day and a very, very good one at that. However, if you're looking for a fishing rod there are miles better options.

I am with Yonny on this one which is why I ended up with the 3.25 t.c XS in 12ft. 

4 years later and I still think I made the right choice fish of all sizes on them and since my day with Terry Edmondson I am comfortable up to 130 yards fishing and let's face it that's enough for most places.

Give them a look.

Cheers 

Ian 

sorry.. was this a 4 year old post? no year on the date mark..  :-/

anyway, don't know what you other guys are doing with the hi-s or how much you've used them (?) but i find playing fish a pleasure on mine.

AAMOI ianfrog what line are you using to fish at 130?

When I have to consider longer range than normal I go to Technium black in 12lb.

Need to limber up a bit but it does the job. 

Incidentally on Terry's 13ft Aviators and my reels I managed a measured 150 yards not sure if I would want to fish with them but what tools for distance. 

Cheers 

Ian 

• 2 months later...