Sleeping bag

I'm trying to find a relatively cheap sleeping bag for my dad to use but with all these different ones on the market I don't have a clue what's good etc, any thoughts on what he should look at? I've seen a few of them ngt 4 season ones on eBay for around £50 but I have no idea what their quality is like lol. Any advice would be great thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/04/2017 at 15:19, bivvystreet said:

cyprinus magmatex was well regarded when you could find one but think they are nearer to a £100 these days, may get one a bit cheaper with a bid on ebay 

I have the cyprinus magmatex 5 season it will keep your warm in the depths of winter brilliant bag. I also have the wychwood morpheus extreme 5 sleeping bag which I brought to fit in my trakker bed chair when folded up the cyprinus is a better bag for colder conditions (very cold) and you can split it down for warmer weather you won't go wrong with the magmatex.

On 16/04/2017 at 08:42, carpmachine said:

No, but it will do the job, had an email from angling direct, those 5 seasons are 37 quid, get in there.

HI do you have experience of the magmatex bag I've had a few nash tracker my mate had fox ventec not good at all when very cold the Cyprinus  is up there with the best of them.

On 15/04/2017 at 14:28, jh92 said:

I'm trying to find a relatively cheap sleeping bag for my dad to use but with all these different ones on the market I don't have a clue what's good etc, any thoughts on what he should look at? I've seen a few of them ngt 4 season ones on eBay for around £50 but I have no idea what their quality is like lol. Any advice would be great thanks :)

On 15/04/2017 at 15:19, bivvystreet said:

cyprinus magmatex was well regarded when you could find one but think they are nearer to a £100 these days, may get one a bit cheaper with a bid on ebay 

i picked up a magmatex last year for £50 from eBay and it is the best bag i have ever had :wink:

a bit bulky to carry but warm as hell on those cold nights plus it fits to your bed so no creep.