April catches 2017

nigewoodcock

After my second trip out this year i had my first carp, a 23lb mirror, a nice fish and very welcome, even used my marker rod to find the deepest hole in the swim, between 15/17 foot deep, according to the lake map, a yellow pop up a good 4'' off the bottom, damn near a zig for me.

Also had a foul hook/lined Pike off about 8lb, swam into my line and got the line stuck in between its teeth, sounds mad, i know, i got it up to the net, realised it was a pike and how it was caught, so i let it some slack and it freed itself, i didn't mind that.

Just shows how tough fluorocarbon is, this is my third year on the same line, still as good as new.

On 4/14/2017 at 18:18, nigewoodcock said:

Here's a link to the blog joe put together from his guest session on my lake the other week. 

Some of the longer term members will remember him from here when he was a lot younger!!! 

Hi Nige 

Is that the lad who used to have an Avatar that said " is this a photography forum " , or something like that ? .