Reel seat problem...... Help!!

The reel seat is basically just a sleeve over the butt section, not many rods have a section join under it.

On many rods there is a duplon section above the reel seat, just in front of the reel, as basically the rod manufacturers want you to feel good holding on the rod.

If there is nothing below the reel seat, towards the butt, it should be possible to slide it down and reglue it, but use a decent two part glue.

However, cheaper or foreign manufactured rods can be a problem, because the reel seat may well be over a sleeve, and the sleeve over the rod blank.

However, cheaper or foreign manufactured rods can be a problem, because the reel seat may well be over a sleeve, and the sleeve over the rod blank.

interesting Nick , I take it ....it's just to make it up to the thickness required, rather than them have to stock different size seats . Edited by chillfactor

Not the rods mate, just a pic thats all. Its the same type, rods are a year old

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Fair play but at a year old they have warrantee on them that you may not know about, you could also argue that they are not fit for purpose either way I'd be chasing it up not just going for the diy method

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair play but at a year old they have warrantee on them that you may not know about, you could also argue that they are not fit for purpose either way I'd be chasing it up not just going for the diy method

Well i did speak to company, i have a years warranty. Bought on feb 2nd 2016!! I have to post rod off, see if they have a replacement. Bear in mind these are discontinued so if they dont and i get a refund im left with 2 matching rods with no hope of a 3rd......

Well i did speak to company, i have a years warranty. Bought on feb 2nd 2016!! I have to post rod off, see if they have a replacement. Bear in mind these are discontinued so if they dont and i get a refund im left with 2 matching rods with no hope of a 3rd......

Little bit of consumer knowledge for ya mate, you bought them as a set and therefore send them back as a set and get a refund on all three of them......or as they are discontinued they should replace with the equivalent/newer model.

Little bit of consumer knowledge for ya mate, you bought them as a set and therefore send them back as a set and get a refund on all three of them......or as they are discontinued they should replace with the equivalent/newer model.

Does that rule of newer model apply to actual company or distributer?? The shop??

I believe it depends on what the deal is between the manufacturer and the dealer, does the manufacturer give the dealer the stock to sell and gives them a cut/ or does the dealer buy the stock from the manufacturer and sell for profit. also depends on who the warrantee is with again manufacturer or dealer

My next move would be, take all three rods to the shop, explain the situation on the one rod, if/when they say it's discontinued and cannot replace it you simply say "well I bought them as a set of three and as you cannot replace it they all need refunding/replacing for the equivalent/ comparative model. If they decide to make things awkward I normally say "not a problem,thank you for your time . My next port of call is trading standards and social media" it's surprising how quickly some companies change their tune at that point