Carp barrow advice please

You'll have to change your name to Dedicated Dave , 2 1/2 miles is still a very long way to me - Yonny is just mad enough to run that distance wearing a backpack as well as pushing a Barrow just to make it more of a challenge :D

Is yonny a squaddie or just part of the dedication club ?..

Running that distance with any weight is hard tips boonie to yonny :)..

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Sooo I need to get a new barrow as I broke mine (read it's very easily fixable but she doesn't need to know) I want a three wheel for various reasons, I quite like the tf gear trukka and want to know if it's possible/if anyone has fitted rear wheels to one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello spr

Stupid question , but with a 3 wheeler I guess you push the barrow with all 3 wheels on the ground , rather than lift the back legs off the ground and keeping your arms straight push the barrow along on the front wheel ? .

Bang on the money mate, but also give you the option to lift the back wheels when you need to or tip on to the back wheels to turn on a sixpence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I've read numerous posts about prestige carp porter there barrows being rubbish as well as bad customer service well ill had my two Bob's worth I've had a mk2 puncture proof for the last 4 years and its been fantastic its been used for all sorts of loads and harsh terrain and copped admirably with all of it I've just sold it and purchased a mk4 evo s I also purchased a wide puncture proof Kevlar wheel to go with it. I tried to fit the wheel to the axle supplied without success I couldn't line it up central to the wheel chassis plus the wheel was tight on the axle phoned prestige carp porter to ask about new spacers which I had measured to line the wheel up plus new bushes and a new axle they were really good sent everthing I had asked for all for free no charge all arrived in 2 days I also ordered the day after 2 more wheel arms so I have a spare wide wheel which came as standard with the mk4s I've filled this with slime liquid from halfords so is now also puncture proof. My fishing bud had a nash trax which was absolute pants very unstable when loaded up would keep tipping over when left alone he now has the prestige evo s and is well pleased just keep in mind to look after your stuff and it will last year's a bit of cleaning and regreessing on knobs and bearings goes a long way. Prestige make excellent barrows and brilliant add-ons luggage etc to me they still make the best barrows and there customer service is spot on too

Edited by will1962

I was given a Theseus barrow for nothing, so I can't complain, but I do know the handles are too low to push it 100% comfortably. It does have the side thingies, but I don't use them. I lift the front bar up, load the underbarrow bag with the bits, then put my bedchair on top and open the legs on that to make side bars, everything else then goes on top of it, with the exception of my rucksack which I carry on my back.

I do know that pushing a barrow with a flat tyre is a pain in the butt, and exhausting, but I had a puncture on the way back to the car, and it was a case of carry on or stop and do it in various trips, the choice was carry on, although it did totally frag the tyre.

Of all the barrows I have used over the years, the Carp Porter Mk.2 is the best. Fox can't actually market their best barrow in the UK, I believe the design is too close to the Carp Porter.

I reckon the choices available are Fox, Carp Porter with the TFG actually a decent challenger, unless anyone has any negatives on the latest TFG models?

On 1/17/2017 at 21:49, David_Ridgers said:

In about 3 weeks time going to upgrade to a proper carp barrow budget is around 120.

Now will give you an explication of what and how it will be used.

Currently where am staying its about 4 miles walk to the bank thats down ally ways down a tow path and through streets some a little busy.

So would there be a good barrow that would last the stresses and strains of that punishment.

Items would carry the usual tackle.

2 x rods reels

Brolly system

Brew kit

About 3kg bait including mixes

I think around 80kg mark.

Yes i know mad for walking that far to fish ect...

Any advice will be greatly received.

Dave

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

i used to push a nash trax micro 2 miles there and 2 back so i'd imagine one of those would suffice matey

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/01/2017 at 12:42, nigewoodcock said:

I really don't miss the sides mate. I have the fox bag that sits on the front. The under bag holds loads of kit.

All that goes on top is the bed chair, with legs up to form sides, my bait (normally two buckets) and the sleeping my with brolly.

One of the best bits is you can access the under bag and the tackle bag without having to offload everything. Ideal for being mobile before settling on a swim for the night.

I've been thinking of getting one of these. What do you make of the bag fixings for the underbags? 

My worry is that if these weren't well made, they could break in time and leave you with an unusable element on the barrow. 

7 hours ago, androoooo said:

I've been thinking of getting one of these. What do you make of the bag fixings for the underbags? 

My worry is that if these weren't well made, they could break in time and leave you with an unusable element on the barrow. 

The big bag has a metal frame to it that sits in a groove on the main barrow frame. Can't get more secure than that on an under bag. 

The two smaller ones are Velcro fastened on all 4 sides at the top. Again, very secure. Mick got one as soon as he saw mine on the bank and is equally impressed.