Carp barrow advice please

In about 3 weeks time going to upgrade to a proper carp barrow budget is around 120.

Now will give you an explication of what and how it will be used.

Currently where am staying its about 4 miles walk to the bank thats down ally ways down a tow path and through streets some a little busy.

So would there be a good barrow that would last the stresses and strains of that punishment.

Items would carry the usual tackle.

2 x rods reels

Brolly system

Brew kit

About 3kg bait including mixes

I think around 80kg mark.

Yes i know mad for walking that far to fish ect...

Any advice will be greatly received.

Dave

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Currently where am staying its about 4 miles walk to the bank thats down ally ways down a tow path and through streets some a little busy.

I can't help it Dave, but I've got the Coronation Street theme tune running through my head!!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Forget pushing a barrow 4 miles though.

The frame is the same size i think, with the gear you have listed you would get away with the normal, but if you do I would maybe look at a puncture proof tyre as an after throught with going through streets and alleies, the fat boy is designed for larger loads as the wide wheel really helps with stability.  The key (and this is with any barrow) is to load it correctly so I would have your bait buckets etc over the wheel. 

The key (and this is with any barrow) is to load it correctly so I would have your bait buckets etc over the wheel. 

too true, all about keeping the weight balanced if you can, with that small amount of kit you'll have no problems. I use the old mk2 for all my kit and it has to be packed a certain way otherwise I weep (maybe im just OCD). once you have it sussed its fine. With mine its slightly unbalanced so I put my bait bucket on the handle of the lighter side to try to even it out.

too true, all about keeping the weight balanced if you can, with that small amount of kit you'll have no problems. I use the old mk2 for all my kit and it has to be packed a certain way otherwise I weep (maybe im just OCD). once you have it sussed its fine. With mine its slightly unbalanced so I put my bait bucket on the handle of the lighter side to try to even it out.

Thanks mk2 it is then :).. the streets are not that bad for puncture but understand best be safe then sorry.

Greek tetris here we come ...

I learnt the hard way when my wheel punctured and I was about a mile from the car, walking through long grass with all my kit on after a night was not fun. I used to keep a pump in my under bag though so kept stopping to re-inflate every 250m. with a 4 mile walk you dont want to be stuck there with a puncture. forget the prestige puncture proof tyre, take the normal one to somewhere like B&Q or garden centre and see if they have a matching wheelbarrow tyre that's puncture proof. much cheaper.

Ten years ago Carp Porter was the only way to go. That's no longer the case IMO.

On mine the bracket that holds the front wheel assembly on bent, I had to fix it in place with a mod.

I learnt the hard way when my wheel punctured and I was about a mile from the car

So did I!

forget the prestige puncture proof tyre, take the normal one to somewhere like B&Q or garden centre and see if they have a matching wheelbarrow tyre that's puncture proof. much cheaper.

Totally agree. I bought direct for 30 or 40 quid and it's utter pants (but still better than dragging a puncture barrow a mile...).

The time is coming to replace mine, I'll not be getting another Carp Porter with so many viable alternatives on the market now.

I really don't miss the sides mate. I have the fox bag that sits on the front. The under bag holds loads of kit.

All that goes on top is the bed chair, with legs up to form sides, my bait (normally two buckets) and the sleeping my with brolly.

One of the best bits is you can access the under bag and the tackle bag without having to offload everything. Ideal for being mobile before settling on a swim for the night.

In about 3 weeks time going to upgrade to a proper carp barrow budget is around 120.

Now will give you an explication of what and how it will be used.

So would there be a good barrow that would last the stresses and strains of that punishment.

Items would carry the usual tackle.

2 x rods reels

Brolly system

Brew kit

About 3kg bait including mixes

I think around 80kg mark.

Yes i know mad for walking that far to fish ect...

Any advice will be greatly received.

Dave

A 4 mile walk , wow ! .

I guess you are going to be fishing a Canal ? .

So how far to a towpath ? , because I just had a mad idea of you getting a Dinghy with a little motor to shorten your pushing time .

O.K. , I'll get my coat  :oops: .

A 4 mile walk , wow ! .

I guess you are going to be fishing a Canal ? .

So how far to a towpath ? , because I just had a mad idea of you getting a Dinghy with a little motor to shorten your pushing time .

O.K. , I'll get my coat :oops: .

Have thought about that but was shot down when theres a no boat rule for hslf of it . even electric bike with trailer :D.

I guess a mad as a hatter to walk that far, but thats what i have to do to fish so be it :).

No fish on a park lake with a carp in there she weighs around 45lb .