bite alarms around £100

me too, i am also driven by the inescapable fact that the individual bits that go to make up £150 worth of Delk can be picked up online for pence and so the only benefit in buying them is that they come ready assembled for you.

it is the fan base that drives the price and if anyone was to come out with a set that equaled the Delkim for performance and at a lower price you would see that £150 tumble rather quickly in relation to the fan base shrinking :o

Here here

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

It's all a balance between value for money and the cost of quality.

I bought a set of three Diawa Sundridge Optonics with receiver some years age and got change from £90-00. They represented very good value for money and were very reliable. Downside was that the slightest indication resulted in a perishing cacophony of noise and more lights than on the start line at a drag race. Drove me to distraction.

The I bought three silent head, underlit ATTs and receiver which cost appreciably more. Now I get a good night's sleep...........

Ian

It's all a balance between value for money and the cost of quality.

I bought a set of three Diawa Sundridge Optonics with receiver some years age and got change from £90-00. They represented very good value for money and were very reliable. Downside was that the slightest indication resulted in a perishing cacophony of noise and more lights than on the start line at a drag race. Drove me to distraction.

The I bought three silent head, underlit ATTs and receiver which cost appreciably more. Now I get a good night's sleep...........

Ian

Good nights sleep is never good while fishing!

about time i bought some more so , could anyone recommend some for around £100 . dont mind paying a bit more for something good , tough n reliable , with some easy to find batteries would be good , and not that bright that you think the police are coming !

Dave Lane TFG Magrunners are around £80 for a set of 3 with receiver.

Could be worth a look :wink:

Other than that I use Delkims myself

• 3 weeks later...

The ev Delks are brilliant alarms I brought a set of 3 off ebay for £120 brand new never been used I brought these for predator fishing as they are just about the only alarm that can detect a run when using a open bale arm most roller wheels alarms the line will skip over them I've since added attx dongles with the deluxe receiver and everything is spot on which you could do at a later date. I also have a set of Delkim txis which I've had quite a few years with faultless service. Over the last 30 years I've owned quite a lot of alarms the delkims being the best apart from delkim and Gardner atts if you get any problems with any other make the bin is the only place for them hardly any tackle manufacturer will repair or replace any faulty alarm once out of warranty I know delkim and Gardner will repair alarms even those manufactured in the 1990s and delkim respond to all emails and repairs are cheap and fast a friend's receiver was playing him up it was sent off repaired and returned within a week all for a tenner and it was well out of warranty. I know a chap who constantly moans about the price of delks over the years he must have spent hundreds on cheap sets of alarms all which ended up in the bin he's just brought another set of alarms with receiver think there called kodex see how long they last. Just to finish off said chap was fishing with my mate for catfish when his cheap receiver burst in to life he said its my yellow alarm he then stopped and said I haven't got a yellow alarm ghost run lol.

The ev Delks are brilliant alarms I brought a set of 3 off ebay for £120 brand new never been used I brought these for predator fishing as they are just about the only alarm that can detect a run when using a open bale arm most roller wheels alarms the line will skip over them I've since added attx dongles with the deluxe receiver and everything is spot on which you could do at a later date. I also have a set of Delkim txis which I've had quite a few years with faultless service. Over the last 30 years I've owned quite a lot of alarms the delkims being the best apart from delkim and Gardner atts if you get any problems with any other make the bin is the only place for them hardly any tackle manufacturer will repair or replace any faulty alarm once out of warranty I know delkim and Gardner will repair alarms even those manufactured in the 1990s and delkim respond to all emails and repairs are cheap and fast a friend's receiver was playing him up it was sent off repaired and returned within a week all for a tenner and it was well out of warranty. I know a chap who constantly moans about the price of delks over the years he must have spent hundreds on cheap sets of alarms all which ended up in the bin he's just brought another set of alarms with receiver think there called kodex see how long they last. Just to finish off said chap was fishing with my mate for catfish when his cheap receiver burst in to life he said its my yellow alarm he then stopped and said I haven't got a yellow alarm ghost run lol.

Centium kodex alarms, i know em well, cracking little set. I got rid of em due to wanting delks. Followed the sheep there i think, now have Fox alarms. Yes i still get bites and land fish even though i don't have delks.....

They are good but i think its personal preference, one mans rubbish etc

Different views and opinions make the world tick

15 hours ago, will1962 said:

I know a couple of my Delkims have been repaired a couple of times when I left batteries in and the terminals corroded beyond use.

Within a week they were returned after a phone call or email telling me what they would cost to repair.

The Delkims were originally bought in early 2000's, so are well out of warranty.

I have also had no problems with battery covers, or water ingress, and I think you know what weathers I fish in :o

I have also paired them up with ATTx receiver and dongles, and had no problems with that system combined.