Korda Distance Sticks

What's wrong with an ordinary pair of banksticks?

More money being fleeced from carp anglers with carp tax! :o

Choice mate, if people choose to buy them then so be it, I'm in agreement that the price is excessive but so are some reels at £1k each

I think it comes down to perspective, I drive a ford kuga so a range rover is pricey and excessive to me

I drive Ford kuga and have taska distance sticks

Mr x drives Range Rover and has Korda/jag distance sticks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If its what you want get them , i would never entertain them at that price.

I very rarely use sticks , i mainly just use marker elastic.

I seemed to switch between sticks and line marks for no apparent reason.

On my trip last week I was fishing a far margin spot with elastic marked distance and no sticks. Got a run on dusk, landed the fish, managed to somehow make an absolute birds nest mess of my line. Never happened before, don't even know how it happened. So now I'm fishing a far margin spot, too dark to see where the cast lands, with no marker or clipped up rod. No way of getting it back on the spot until daylight the next day.

Sticks all the time for me from now on!

I seemed to switch between sticks and line marks for no apparent reason.

On my trip last week I was fishing a far margin spot with elastic marked distance and no sticks. Got a run on dusk, landed the fish, managed to somehow make an absolute birds nest mess of my line. Never happened before, don't even know how it happened. So now I'm fishing a far margin spot, too dark to see where the cast lands, with no marker or clipped up rod. No way of getting it back on the spot until daylight the next day.

Sticks all the time for me from now on!

I still walk the line out for island and far bank margins, as well as having a pair of banksticks if the bank is inaccessible.

A mate of mine who uses sticks saw me walk my lines along the bank at Nazeing, and commented it was as quick, and as easy as using sticks

I agree Nick. Last time out I kept catching on nettles and brambles and ended up walking them out, it was only 40 yards. Some of the swims on the lake aren't big enough to accommodate sticks comfortably. The other thing is, if I've got a rod quite close in under the tips I don't like having the headlight on whilst wrapping. So walking them out carefully for any longer cast is a better option in the dark.

One of my spots in Nazeing just happens to correspond with the distance from an overhanging tree branch which I attach the lead to, to the second swim along the bank and footpath. Only 63metres, but try working out 63m in wraps :wink:

I have actually seen somebody put their distance sticks on the bank in this swim, and a cyclist fell over them as he avoided a car and a dog and dog walker coming into the car park through the gates.

There are some swims that you can't walk the line out, you are 'stuck' in a dug out, but it's still easy to mark the line with power gum or insulation tape after casting to a marker.

I have often said I don't think that a quick check with a marker puts the carp off. The number of fish I have caught by being sure I am in the zone, and retrieving the marker after aiming at it. In fact I have had numerous fish within minutes on various waters, from Weybread, Taverham, Brackens and Earith.

I fish at 120 yards on a couple of lakes. If I was to walk the rods out, I would be banned for being away from the swim! 120 yards is a fair way to leg it back if you get a run.

Sounds like your a prime candidate for them Korda sticks, Surely you as a mod should be setting theee example with top notch gear and an attitude to match ?

I fish at 120 yards on a couple of lakes. If I was to walk the rods out, I would be banned for being away from the swim! 120 yards is a fair way to leg it back if you get a run.

No problem :wink:

Reel your rods in, walk your rods out, both or all three, clip up, then cast them in turn. No leaving rods unattended

No problem :wink:

Reel your rods in, walk your rods out, both or all three, clip up, then cast them in turn. No leaving rods unattended

Or just use sticks. Why ever not? Don't need to be £60 ones. Such a good tool. Would you really intentionally bring in 2 other rods off a 120 yard spot so you could walk them all out and re cast them, just so you don't have to use stick?

Or just use sticks. Why ever not? Don't need to be £60 ones. Such a good tool. Would you really intentionally bring in 2 other rods off a 120 yard spot so you could walk them all out and re cast them, just so you don't have to use stick?

I tend to reel in every day to check my bait, I need to check I still have some on the hair, so I reel in all three rods at the same time.

After getting the distance right in the first place, and clipped up and cast, I mark the line, power gum or insulting tape :wink::lol:

I check where the line marker is on the rod in relation to rings, buzzer etc.

When I retrieve at the next reel in time, it is no problem to actually put line in the clip before reeling in. I then have no need for distance sticks.

The problem with putting the line in the clip before you reel in , is that's not actually where you Want to hit the clip that's where you want the lead to end up . So you have to allow for this before you clip back up for the retrieve, not to much a problem with shallow water but deeper & it becomes more guess work . If you were to just keep clipping up after every cast your will end up quite a bit short of your spot in no time .