Paste cage

You can thank me afterwards :wink:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271211812588

Gives me an idea!

Fill them with boilie paste, and even roll it outside the cage, and boil as per your boilie mix.

You then have a crayfish resistant bait.

The outer skin may be munched, but the 'liner' is protecting the inner part of the boilie from the little beggars

Gives me an idea!

Fill them with boilie paste, and even roll it outside the cage, and boil as per your boilie mix.

You then have a crayfish resistant bait.

The outer skin may be munched, but the 'liner' is protecting the inner part of the boilie from the little beggars

They do boast about them being Crayproof :)

Btw, I always figure that if the Cray's are around, the carp arnt.

I consider them free groundbait, the carp here eat crayfish and if there's a few around my rig that's ok.

Nige says he has seen carp spook from large crayfish, although I have not had that pleasure. I consider smaller crayfish will act as groundbait, I don't think a carp will turn its nose up at munching on a few small ones. I have had carp take cray munched baits, I played a carp in November a few years ago that when I checked the bait, the mesh was cut and the pop-up had chunks out of it.

Used to open up a paperclip, then wrap it around a biro to make a spring type thingie. Used this attached to a hair to mould the paste around. The spring from a clothes peg worked well too lol.

Thanks for this! Ended up using some thin coated garden wire, wrapped it around a baiting needle to make a spring and tied it on a hair. Going to test it out in a minute :)