Recommend winter suits

If you can get hold of one , the Ron Thompson 2 piece specimen suit is the kiddy .

As its not a trendy brand it'll be less than a nifty and you'll never ever need to look elsewhere .

I promise .

I concur.

Picked mine up a few years back from Chapmans angling online.

£34,99.

Needs waterproofing now though I think.

Just looked .

Doesn't seem to be on sale anywhere.

I'll be quiet now lol

I did say "if you can get hold of one" :)

They occasionally come up on EBay or somewhere like Eric's or Chapmans but I think RT may have superseded it with a newer model , so to speak .

They always got rave reviews so if Ron Thompson still make winter suits the more expensive ones (which will still be reasonable) will definitely be worth a look .

Edited by newmarket

• 2 weeks later...

The trendy carp brands don't manufacture clothing. They buy cheap clothing form China, stitch a label onto it, and sell it at a massive profit. It's all tat relative to the price.

I went though loads of winter suits (including a Trakker one and a Chub one - both utter, utter pants) before I learned. They don't keep you warm and they last 2 seasons before they're ready for the bin. They all cost at least £100. It's carp tax of the highest order.

IMO you want to go for stuff that is made by a company that makes clothing for outdoor activities. Think camping, hiking, hunting, work wear or even better, the military suppliers. You can spend as much as you want but it doesn't have to cost a fortune.

The trendy carp brands don't manufacture clothing. They buy cheap clothing form China, stitch a label onto it, and sell it at a massive profit. It's all tat relative to the price.

I went though loads of winter suits (including a Trakker one and a Chub one - both utter, utter pants) before I learned. They don't keep you warm and they last 2 seasons before they're ready for the bin. They all cost at least £100. It's carp tax of the highest order.

IMO you want to go for stuff that is made by a company that makes clothing for outdoor activities. Think camping, hiking, hunting, work wear or even better, the military suppliers. You can spend as much as you want but it doesn't have to cost a fortune.

Hoggs of Fife Shooting trousers and jacket. Found them better than almost all fishing clothing.

The only name that I think gets decent fishing clothing is Drennan/ESP, but you do pay the price, at around £200 for the Drennan Jacket

This morning I've been and brought myself the new trakker f-32 I've tryed this suit on all together today and it feels really warm...only time will tell.

But the best bit is I brought this from go outdoors who priced matched.. angling direct which was £75:99 and go outdoors beat that by 10% so I got my self a right bargain in my eyes! So I've posted this if anyone wants to save some pennies price match :wink: