What's everyone's views on the new solar p1 worldwide pod

Holy cow £300 quid Wow.

I know its a very well made piece of kit but I cant help wondering if you could find something cheaper (or secondhand) that would do the job just as well and then spend the difference on bait for example ?

I am not normally a tightwad and use Rods by Freespirit, Delkims, Shimano (even Solar lol) Etc  but I cant help feel that is a little OTT.

Edited by ianfrog

I have used an original worldwide since it's release and without doubt it is was of the best and most versatile pods on the market.

Then a few weeks ago I saw defiantmps fantail on the bank and was so impressed I ordered one as soon as I got home and am awaiting delivery.

The fantail is a truely initiative piece of kit, made of titanium (so light and tough) and. cheaper than the new worldwide, well worth a look if you are in the market for a new high end pod.

Jag ones better

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

I hope you have previous experience with Pods Phil .

I wouldn't like you to hurt anything in any way , maybe you should start off with a TFG pod or a couple of Dinsmore bank stocks before you progress to a Solar or Jag jobby ?

:)

Holy cow £300 quid Wow.

I tend to think along the same lines.

But each to their own and if you can afford it, go ahead.

I've got a Cygnet Quicklock which I picked up a good few years ago now for about £50.00 off of the bay.

Wouldn't swap it for the world, it's a great pod.

I tend to prefer stealth black to chrome..... :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

I'm going to risk getting pasting here, but I think the Solar Pozi-Loc system (which they're still using on this P1 jobby) is absolutely rubbish. I used Solar for about a month then ditched it, for the money I wanted better.

JAG, Defiant MPS, N-Brice, loads of better options out there IMO.

The tiny little carbon details on the P1 serve no purpose whatsoever, they're just there to look good. It tells me form was more important than fit or function during the design phase.

I wouldn't like you to hurt anything in any way , maybe you should start off with a TFG pod or a couple of Dinsmore bank stocks before you progress to a Solar or Jag jobby ?

Did you sharpen your claws especially for that little nugget? Ha ha

I do actually, i own a nash one, my friend i fish with owns a jag one, lovely bit of kit. Ordered the jag buzz bars n sticks this morning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

dayvid

I truly like your Globetrotter Pod, and I will be purchasing the New updated Globetrotter Pod this week. I am hoping to be able to purchase some shorter legs for it as well.

I had the Fox MK2, yes it was big and heavy, but it didn't move, solid! I fish the River a lot and this is where it came in to its own. Lakes with a lot of weed at the banks was a blessing

to have this pod. I have two smaller pods, but rarely use them. I didn't haft to sink the legs in the ground or use tie downs or bend over to the ground to pick up my Rods, at my age,

this is a big plus.

Fox MK 2-3.jpg

I have the Solar P1 pod, and I have got longer banksticks in case I need to raise the front or back.

I do also have goalpost adaptors so I can fish either pod or goalpost banksticks.

It's solid, stable and locks down tightly.

20221013_170336.jpg

On 12/01/2024 at 11:03, Minelab said:

Nice Pod and  a very versatile set up. I was not aware of the goalpost adapters, these can come in real handy.

Appreciate the post and share. PS. Like the bird sitting on your rod, nice shot.

I'll give you the actual Solar page, but I'd suggest shopping around as there can be the occasional deal:

https://www.solartackle.co.uk/products/hockey-sticks-adaptors/goalpost-converters

That's the Solar buzzer bars with the goalpost adaptors.

With the ground being so soft sticks work.

Had to keep the tips up, still a lot of weed about.

FB_IMG_1700948186803.thumb.jpg.b9e984a10a61d3db2f083ced33b6477f.jpg