A Bit Of Interactive Bank Chat

Gazlaaar

Sounds like you are as confused as me as what to do next year mate, the lake I have been fishing is now under new management and have changed some of the rules the fee is also going up next year, the bailiff has chucked it in after doing the last 15 years, to be honest I don't think that the quality of the fish and the overall environment is going to be worth the extra cost, the only thing that it has going for it are the toilets and showers, I'm looking at joining a club that gives me access to the local canal and also at some of the day ticket water's around this way.....

3 hours ago, B.C. said:

I was due out today on my Syndicate, for the first time since joining earlier in the year.... Then, disaster..... We got messages last night to say the place is off limits for a bit.... Massive DO crash means a few fish have been lost, including at least one 30plus so far...….. The EA are on it and aerators have been deployed.... Double figure bream and worryingly eels, too, have also perished, which would point towards a DO crash more than some kind of virus, I guess? I thought eels where quite hardy in low oxygen situations...…….. This place is quite open at 30acres, so does get a bit of ripple even in these current conditions...… But after the Summer we've had and temps still high, weed dying off and the odd algae pocket, and water levels dropped, and recent air pressure troughs, it's not at all surprising, none the less, not the sort of news you want to hear...…… I can't help thinking that it was on the cards and perhaps some forward thinking from the lake management was needed.... (Although, it's always easy to comment in hind sight)…………..

Really not sure what to do about this ticket...… I joined full of enthusiasm early Spring when the banks were empty. I've put off fishing it through the Summer due to the numbers (which I never thought would be an issue). There seems to be rules for some and not others, the most productive areas are well and truly stitched up (the lake owner does 7 night sessions on a regular)…… Some swims get closed off, the only reason I can see this for, is so that certain other swims get more water...…. There are some lovely fish present to ounces under 40lb, however, there is also an ornamental strain, which you can  see in some of the mid twenties, something else I wasn't told about on my initial walk about...….. Might just wipe my mouth and cut my losses on this place. Something doesn't feel quite right.  And with a bit of truth bending going on, not sure we'll really get to know what is still swimming about. Seems weird the place being off limits , when people have volunteered to help out...…...

So, in the mean time, I'm going to try and get started on a couple of club lakes and carry on with the local water I've been dabbling on, whilst browsing a few places for next season, may have to go a bit further a field... "Still Searching".... As one certain angler might put it....lol.... Although not specifically for fish, but somewhere that feels right.....🙂

Really sorry to read all of this mate 😞

but on the “still searching” bit......have you been to boreham mere yet? (On the club ticket) it’s an absolutely stunning lake and holds some lovely carp nice and close for you, and come next season when you can get a night ticket could be just what you’re looking for 

2 hours ago, cloud9 said:

Sounds like you are as confused as me as what to do next year mate, the lake I have been fishing is now under new management and have changed some of the rules the fee is also going up next year, the bailiff has chucked it in after doing the last 15 years, to be honest I don't think that the quality of the fish and the overall environment is going to be worth the extra cost, the only thing that it has going for it are the toilets and showers, I'm looking at joining a club that gives me access to the local canal and also at some of the day ticket water's around this way.....

Sorry to hear your predicament mate...…. Finding a place I feel comfortable fishing, I find a real ball ache, and thought I'd ticked that box...… I do have the little local lake, which tbf is a little gem of a lake, but wanted to fish somewhere a bit bigger in size for a change ……

17 minutes ago, spr1985 said:

and come next season when you can get a night ticket could be just what you’re looking for 

Definitely mate, if I can get in quick for a night ticket, Boreham is on the list...… I only have day access atm, with Braxted in mind.....  The night permits get snapped up pretty quickly and there are probably long term members that get preference ( which you would expect, even though it's meant to be first come first served). I'll put the application in , the minute they go on sale and hope for the best...….

6 minutes ago, B.C. said:

Sorry to hear your predicament mate...…. Finding a place I feel comfortable fishing, I find a real ball ache, and thought I'd ticked that box...… I do have the little local lake, which tbf is a little gem of a lake, but wanted to fish somewhere a bit bigger in size for a change ……

Definitely mate, if I can get in quick for a night ticket, Boreham is on the list...… I only have day access atm, with Braxted in mind.....  The night permits get snapped up pretty quickly and there are probably long term members that get preference ( which you would expect, even though it's meant to be first come first served). I'll put the application in , the minute they go on sale and hope for the best...….

Oh trust me mate.....long term members don’t get first dibs....it’s first come first served, so get in quick .you should have seen it kick off last renewal time for exactly that reason....they wasn’t quick enough and they lost out.....I felt for them.....but I was also highly amused spectating/lurking  on the forum watching the fireworks 

2 minutes ago, B.C. said:

6 hours ago, cloud9 said:

I can't find anywhere comfortable in Suffolk. I refuse to pay £120 odd for a club ticket which I can only fish a maximum of 2 nights and has only 3 30's in the 3 lakes they run where the total acreage is 30 acres max.

Even Suffolk Water Park which has a number of 30's is going to cost me £20 a night, the cost  for 3 weekends is the whole season on Nazeing.

1 hour ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Suffolk Water Park

Not sure if you are allowed to move swims either...……. From what I've heard.....

I suppose you've got West Stow, or else head out Cambs way...…….. 

Or Alton, for a good nights kip 🙂

5 hours ago, B.C. said:

Not sure if you are allowed to move swims either...……. From what I've heard.....

I suppose you've got West Stow, or else head out Cambs way...…….. 

Or Alton, for a good nights kip 🙂

No carp in Alton😖😉

honestly😅

West Stow lost a lot of fish a few years ago, so has had a lot of new stock, it is now NS fisheries, and they also have Nunnery near Thetford.

The lake I fished in Cambridgeshire is the same distance as Nazeing.

4 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

Had one of them crazy days where everything just went right yesterday. Only on the runs water I use, but between me and my mate we caught 28 carp ranging from 3lb to 22lb. And the 3 biggest in the lake amongst that. What was even more bizarre is that it was dead for about 4 hours. Not a beep.  Then it just went mental. Double takes, takes on the drop. Even a 1lb roach taking double 12mm boilie. Work that out. Didn't lose a single fish, all fought like I've never known, and it didn't rain. ''Twas a good day lol.  Anyways, a great day, arms ached, slept well.

Sounds like you had a rite good day mate! Congrats on the theee biggest 😁

• 1 month later...

There's me, all set for the winter ahead as regards to bait and plan until I bought a kilo of live system and thought wow. I really like these boilies, perfect for winter fishing, a true birdfood/milk high energy, soft bait. The matching pellets look very good and the Roasted Nut Extract is a belter.

I plan to spend all winter where I've been fishing of late, I've not fished for 3 weeks due to getting the house done and dusted, but now I've got some time to get back to it :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've not been able to fish for the last 6 weeks and I doubt I'll be going until the kids are off next week. The club have been trapping crayfish with margin nets, they do own other waters but I just don't fancy fishing them, too busy for my liking.

Apparently the metoffice have given mild conditions until mid December so I'm hoping it holds out for a couple of months yet before we see any significant freezes. 

I've been chatting with a couple of coarse anglers I've gotten to know this year. They were surprised at the lack of carpers fishing last winter, especially as they had seen the carp on a regular basis. As you can imagine my ears pricked up at this point and the decision was promptly made to stay for the duration of winter.

Anyway, I'm counting down the days until next week, at least I've managed to score some brownie points with getting some bits done on the house and give her a hand with some early Christmas shopping 😉

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Highy said:

Awsome staffie...wish mine was still with us...

It's horrible when they leave us mate our last dog left us last year, still think about her everyday..

Not sure if it's an age thing but she's been a little **** on the bank this afternoon, barking at the twitchers when they get close to us 😂😂

Getting a bit bored of this water now, it's too small for me tbh, hopefully get on the canal or river next session 👍

4 hours ago, jh92 said:

It's horrible when they leave us mate our last dog left us last year, still think about her everyday..

Not sure if it's an age thing but she's been a little **** on the bank this afternoon, barking at the twitchers when they get close to us 😂😂

Yeh it is...i put a pic in the pet thread a while ago...14yrs i had my staff...still like a puppy on the day he passed...

Old age..arthritis..going blind...so had to make the call for him.

20181027_170527.thumb.jpg.c2769f155c6f1b5c079adaac375abc54.jpg

15 hours ago, Highy said:

Yeh it is...i put a pic in the pet thread a while ago...14yrs i had my staff...still like a puppy on the day he passed...

Old age..arthritis..going blind...so had to make the call for him.

20181027_170527.thumb.jpg.c2769f155c6f1b5c079adaac375abc54.jpg

What a beauty mate, bet you had loads of joy from him. 

15 hours ago, Highy said:

Just seen...he looks like he lookin at the camera slightly with his tongue out..🤣🤣👍👍

She has a lazy eye mate and yeah she was licking her lips, probably sizing up one of the ducks 😂😂😂