A Bit Of Interactive Bank Chat

Gazlaaar

20 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

was exactly the same setting up at midnight last night  mate ... got a sweat on getting everything to the peg, nothing worse when it's Baltic as you really can get cold if your not to careful once you stop . 

won't lie its a chilly one tonight lol 

Not if you are indoors with the central heating on ! .

All I need now is for Carp to mutate and start living down the back of the Settee and I'm all set ! .

:)

Just now, Dannygooner said:

I gotta give it to ya fellas. That's some real dedication. I said I'd persevere until I found it unenjoyable due to the weather. That day came last week. Hating the fact the gear will be collecting dust till spring probably now , but it is what it is .... good luck to yas. U deserve a biggen for your dedication

Always a chance to get out for a few hours on those milder days. If you can find the bite time you only need a few hours on the bank. I enjoy the good nights sleep away from the little'un. Think I had a couple hrs last night only so catch or not I get to get a good sleep!

Good luck fella's 

I drew a blank but never mind, I'll be back out Wednesday. I did move on to a couple of shows but nothing materialised, I did get soaked packing up but 20 minutes later I was back home warming up in front of the fire :)

It doesnt matter how hard it gets or how dreadful the weather is, time on the bank is a medication I'm quite willing to take :)

I'll be back out Monday afternoon getting some more bait in then fishung Wednesday.

As I said, good luck fella's 

38 minutes ago, greekskii said:

Always a chance to get out for a few hours on those milder days. If you can find the bite time you only need a few hours on the bank. 

" Personally I'll stop doing nights when I've found the winter bite time " 

Well that's lucky , the Winter Bite Time on my lake is roughly midday when it's the warmest - honest ! .   

2 hours ago, crusian said:

Just out of interest , how low would the water temperature have to get before even you 2 considered it a complete waste of time going fishing ?

I dont look at the water temps, just one more reason not to be confident.

Tbh it's not about catching in winter for me. Its about enjoying the season. But..... my winter PB came on the second coldest sesh I've ever done (-5!!!!).

When times are hard i remember that Dave lane caught Mary from wrasbury in minus temps in Feb when there was 15 fish in 100 odd acres. My point: there is ALWAYS a chance.

The underside of my brolly is icing up. Tell you what fellas, I LOVE it!

2 minutes ago, yonny said:

I dont look at the water temps, just one more reason not to be confident.

Tbh it's not about catching in winter for me. Its about enjoying the season. But..... my winter PB came on the second coldest sesh I've ever done (-5!!!!).

When times are hard i remember that Dave lane caught Mary from wrasbury in minus temps in Feb when there was 15 fish in 100 odd acres. My point: there is ALWAYS a chance.

The underside of my brolly is icing up. Tell you what fellas, I LOVE it!

What ! , you are fishing with your open fronted Low Pro ? ! .

You mad  heroic  fool , Yonny ! .

:D 

9 minutes ago, crusian said:

What ! , you are fishing with your open fronted Low Pro ? ! .

You mad  heroic  fool , Yonny ! .

:D 

I always sleep with my door open. Or even the front rolled to the sides. Can't stand the door down unless it's really needed. 

Have just poked my head out the sleeping bag. It's arctic! The normal bite time has passed... could this be a second blank in a row?

kettle needs to go on and maybe time to break out the hot water bottle to get every inch of the bag toasty. 

14 minutes ago, greekskii said:

I always sleep with my door open. Or even the front rolled to the sides. Can't stand the door down unless it's really needed. 

Have just poked my head out the sleeping bag. It's arctic! The normal bite time has passed... could this be a second blank in a row?

kettle needs to go on and maybe time to break out the hot water bottle to get every inch of the bag toasty. 

i hate it when that last bit right by your toes wont get warm, gonna think up a way to insulate it more. tried draping my coat and hoodie over it and even holding a water bottle between my feet but all to no avail. cold feet it is then :wink:

23 minutes ago, cyborx said:

i hate it when that last bit right by your toes wont get warm, gonna think up a way to insulate it more. tried draping my coat and hoodie over it and even holding a water bottle between my feet but all to no avail. cold feet it is then :wink:

Hot water bottle and one layer of wool socks mate. Insulte from underneath the bed chair. I have my hold-all under mine plus various other bits.

btw lads. Just went to put water in the kettle. Ice inside it!! 

Oh dear. It was the moon rising. Very orange. Must be the lack of leaves making it visible where it wasn't before. And branches dancing in the wind making it look like it's moving.

Miffed why it's up so late though. But it's so bright it's blinding me now!!

21 minutes ago, carpmachine said:

Thats the estate old buddy, let Mick and Little Steve tell you some stories, i have never seen anyting on there but others have.

Never felt unnerved apart from the 3am visit from two people...glad they kept out my way. Old estate lake though. Many have drowned in the top lake. When I'm here not fishing and just baiting up in the dark it feels odd. Almost naughty and like I'm being watched by nature itself. 

26 minutes ago, greekskii said:

Well I've had a good sleep. Seems like my prep work isn't working out for me. Maybe I've blown the swim? I've been picking off fish from here since September.

Do I go with a new plan of action or persist with it? 

Do both, keep a smattering of bait going into the spots you know but keep an open mind. Don't count your chicks and all that :)

That's what I'm doing, I've picked a central swim on each bank, so depending on what the weather is doing, or what I see, will dictate where I go. 

Just measured temp at -2! My tea went cold before I could drink it!

ive changed a few bits around but all at the same time unfortunately which doesn't help. Testing a new bait, using crushed boilies to try hold them when they turn up when baiting midweek and then fishing over a scattering of boilie as I'd always done. 

I'll start baiting a few areas. Keep my options open. Cannot find them at the minute though. Even Mick the bailiff, who's been fishing almost every day for the last fortnight, doesn't know where they are! I have an inkling. The deeper water is likely to be marginally warmer for the next week or so now we have hit proper colder conditions. Any sun then the shallower areas are worth a check.