A Bit Of Interactive Bank Chat

Gazlaaar

I'll be getting down to my water on Thursday morning after dropping Ben off at school. My main objective is to see if I can spot any fish, I'll be having a good plumb around and hopefully get a bit of bait it. I'll be back out a week tomorrow, hopefully I'll be fully recovered by then and that'll mark the beginning of my campaign through the winter. It's not really got any winter form to be fair but I think that's coupled with the lack of anglers during the colder months. 

Like I say, my objective is just to spot fish but it'll be a good excuse to have a lead around.

That's the bait sorted for tomorrow, 2 kilo of crushed boilie, 2 kilo of frozen corn and 6 cans of evaporated milk. By tomorrow morning the mix would of soaked right into the chopped and boilie crumb.

I shall do another couple of kilo for Monday afternoon, then fish on Wednesday. 

20171129_105234.jpg

It' a very attractive mix and it's one that has caught me a couple of carp this year from some very difficult venues.

Edited by Gazlaaar

I had a couple of bleeps just before the regular bite time for this area yesterday evening. Either I got done or a liner. Since then nothing. Think it's a blank for me this week. Doubtful I'm fishing next week either due to work and other things which is killing me inside! 

Liner fell on the Left hand rod, fished to the edge of the spot I've been baiting. The same rod my last two have come from. When I'm next out the rods will all shift a bit. One on the left hand spot, one on the main area and then one in between. Maybe that'll increase my chances. Who knows. 

Warmer next week according to my weather app. It's why I'm gutted I'll unlikely be able to hit the bank. 

That's the problem with this time of year, with temperatures being up and down as they are and like a lot of anglers, you have your days to go and just deal with what ever your faced with. The temperature has already gone up this morning a few degree's, I'm fishing on Wednesday and every extremity on my body is firmly crossed, in the hope nothing changes.

1 hour ago, Big Common said:

Great news mate.... You'll really appreciate the locality, just for the odd extra walk round, makes a world of difference in trying to get in tune with a place.... Hope it goes well ( And the op recovery)..:)

I'm still up too excited to sleep at the moment. Laying on the sofa watching River Cottage at Christmas, I love this time of year.

Fully recovered now, and raring for my first session tomorrow :)

4 hours ago, greekskii said:

Rods are out. Fingers are frozen. Two snapped baiting needles but I can tuck myself away and let the week sunshine try to warm the bivvy

8 minutes ago, yonny said:

It's chilly here but I'm sweating as I just moved swims. Hate moving in the dark, especially this time of year. The sweat will be freezing to my sack before I know it.....

I hope you 2 aren't too cold , and are getting some sort of perverse pleasure in fishing at night in these temperatures ! .

Just out of interest , how low would the water temperature have to get before even you 2 considered it a complete waste of time going fishing ? ; or is it a case of  as long as you can smash the ice to get a cast in you'd go ? .

:)   

25 minutes ago, yonny said:

It's chilly here but I'm sweating as I just moved swims. Hate moving in the dark, especially this time of year. The sweat will be freezing to my sack before I know it.....

was exactly the same setting up at midnight last night  mate ... got a sweat on getting everything to the peg, nothing worse when it's Baltic as you really can get cold if your not to careful once you stop . 

won't lie its a chilly one tonight lol 

27 minutes ago, crusian said:

I hope you 2 aren't too cold , and are getting some sort of perverse pleasure in fishing at night in these temperatures ! .

Just out of interest , how low would the water temperature have to get before even you 2 considered it a complete waste of time going fishing ? ; or is it a case of  as long as you can smash the ice to get a cast in you'd go ? .

:)   

Warm in the sleeping bag and the kettle is on. All changes if you get a run. The adrenaline kicks in and you're warm for a good while afterwards. 

Personally I'll stop doing nights when I've found the winter bite time, if it's during the day anyway. It can be draining due to the cold but worth it (or I'm mad)

as soon as it's icing over is normally a good time to stop though. I have seen some lad having his rod tips submerged thinking it'll help but it doesn't. Best thing I've seen was a beanie unhooking mat secured over submerged rod tips. Get a run and whip it off and lift the rod up (or play the fish under ice). I have done a day session on a frozen lake before, and managed to catch. But it wasn't very nice playing them so they smash the ice with their tails. Never again.