Rod Shots

3 minutes ago, finchey said:

All set up for the next 24hrs plus, I went for the singles set up today for a change. It's good to be out again. 😁👍

20220321_114644.thumb.jpg.2441c0886724504b654d2d376c293242.jpg

Good luck Keith, 1 fella lost 3 from that peg (Stacked/Stage peg?) last week, I was down facing the aerator.... That side of the lake opened my eyes abit as its about 2ft shallower than the road side.... Thats what we found on the deeper. 

On average about 4ft that side, side of aerator on road we got 7.6ft. 

1 minute ago, Highy said:

Good luck Keith, 1 fella lost 3 from that peg (Stacked/Stage peg?) last week, I was down facing the aerator.... That side of the lake opened my eyes abit as its about 2ft shallower than the road side.... Thats what we found on the deeper. 

On average about 4ft that side, side of aerator on road we got 7.6ft. 

Yes I think from peg 30 going to 31 and so on it gets shallower, where I am it's around 5 - 6ft when I plumbed it. 😁👍

6 minutes ago, finchey said:

Nothing yet, I'm on till dinner. Plenty of fish showing but not showing any interest in my bait. There's another lad on he's done the night same result as me.👍

I had 1 literally under rod tip on a fake maize with hand full of Corn n bag of hemp soak pellet round it.... 1 on a peach n Pepper orange pop up also with Bag of hemp soak pellet. 

6 minutes ago, Highy said:

If I'm out next Friday I will deffo have at least 1 on a zig. 

Put them all on zigs mate. On 99% of waters at this time of year they're feeding for an hour or two at most first thing in the morning. They're cold blooded creatures and they're still warming up. All they want is temperatures.

On the water I fish there's not been a bite off the deck since November. In the last week 25% of the stock have come out on zigs. The conditions are PERFECT for it.👍

1 minute ago, yonny said:

Put them all on zigs mate. On 99% of waters at this time of year they're feeding for an hour or two at most first thing in the morning. They're cold blooded creatures and they're still warming up. All they want is temperatures.

On the water I fish there's not been a bite off the deck since November. In the last week 25% of the stock have come out on zigs. The conditions are PERFECT for it.👍

I was actually thinking of crumbing/crushing up the Krill floaters and bit of liquid, use that as a bit of a mix for the zig bait? 

Just now, Highy said:

I was actually thinking of crumbing/crushing up the Krill floaters and bit of liquid, use that as a bit of a mix for the zig bait? 

For me spodding over zigs is only good for overstocked places. On waters that aint stacked you'll just scare them off. Don't be afraid to just have three bits of black foam out there. You'll only need one red letter day to see how deadly it is.

1 minute ago, yonny said:

For me spodding over zigs is only good for overstocked places. On waters that aint stacked you'll just scare them off. Don't be afraid to just have three bits of black foam out there. You'll only need one red letter day to see how deadly it is.

I've had 1 of those on this lake... Day session had 24 bites, landed 21 fish but fishing on the deck in the shallow area.... Nothing massive but there is around 200+ fish in here, good head of doubles not many pushing the 20lb mark, handful maybe. 

Will try just zigs 1st, then if bites do come, introduce abit of bait I think. 

I've just looked at my Zig bits, got the below with my plastics. 

IMG_20220322_094839.thumb.jpg.f69996685a36613e4bab935de5bc6d64.jpg

2 of each depth tied up, Left Pot is plastic corn/maize... Right Pot is Zig Foam, Cork Balls, Fake Maggots both pots soaking in Hinders Betalin Gold. 

Also have a Korda Small Adjustable Zig Kit. 

Edited by Highy

2 minutes ago, Highy said:

I've just looked at my Zig bits, got the below with my plastics. 

IMG_20220322_094839.thumb.jpg.f69996685a36613e4bab935de5bc6d64.jpg

2 of each depth tied up, Left Pot is plastic corn/maize... Right Pot is Zig Foam, Cork Balls, Fake Maggots both pots soaking in Hinders Betalin Gold. 

Also have a Korda Small Adjustable Zig Kit. 

You don't really need the adjustable zigs for fan, being so shallow, I just put 2 pva nuggets on my hook to stop tangles. 👍