Rod Shots

I had nothing on a helicopter set up the bream came to a short braid rig in a pva  bag all inSide to a set of channels like a highway to other parts of the lake found with the fishspy  

I only use it to see what is out there I still lead around and marker when necessary just to give a edge I’ve been using the pva bags are hemp oil sand no food just loads of attraction I’m there to catch them not feed them

31 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

3 bream caught on little baits just like you all suggested. Think I’ll be going back to bigger baits

601357AF-8795-48FE-9027-24E5B1B9F972.jpeg

AA7BCE2D-9F72-448F-84DD-A4B0D49967DB.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

I had nothing on a helicopter set up the bream came to a short braid rig in a pva  bag all inSide to a set of channels like a highway to other parts of the lake found with the fishspy  

I only use it to see what is out there I still lead around and marker when necessary just to give a edge I’ve been using the pva bags are hemp oil sand no food just loads of attraction I’m there to catch them not feed them

How often are you recasting these bags of attraction? Surely an oil  will disperse after a little while? 

Just now, elmoputney said:

How often are you recasting these bags of attraction? Surely an oil  will disperse after a little while? 

Yes it does but what I’ve been noticing Elmo is it’s like the sand dissolves into the silt I’ve noticed that if it’s disturbed up to an hr afterwards you get a flat spot it’s only observation I’m going on mind not camera footage etc 

Just now, Carpmaster said:

Yes it does but what I’ve been noticing Elmo is it’s like the sand dissolves into the silt I’ve noticed that if it’s disturbed up to an hr afterwards you get a flat spot it’s only observation I’m going on mind not camera footage etc 

I prepare the sand the night before so it absorbs the oil I’ve also explained what the silt is like in this lake

20 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

I prepare the sand the night before so it absorbs the oil I’ve also explained what the silt is like in this lake

I see I thought the sand was a typo 😉👍 I did something similar with mole muck last year, I used a fish hydro though 👍

You could try adding some groundbait to the sand that would float up in the water column with the oil, when it got disrupted 

Edited by elmoputney

1 hour ago, Carpmaster said:

Why not catch them while feeding them?

2 hours ago, Its-grim-up-north said:

Why not catch them while feeding them?

Because it’s baitboat city even though very very few carp are coming out it’s still getting filled in 

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I see I thought the sand was a typo 😉👍 I did something similar with mole muck last year, I used a fish hydro though 👍

You could try adding some groundbait to the sand that would float up in the water column with the oil, when it got disrupted 

I’ll give that a go elmo I was thing of using chicken grit but not sure if it’s harmful to aqua

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I’ll try that elmo I was thinking of using chicken grit

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/10/2020 at 21:34, Highy said:

Set up for 1 ish this afternoon, it's been a weird 1...

Me n 1 mate, both had a double run at same time... 

IMG_20201017_154245.thumb.jpg.79c4d609285468e7d3c41f8e11acac72.jpg

Later on that night, we both thought the 1st Initial run was a fish with a trailor and went through the other 3 rods 🤔

1 minute ago, Carpmaster said:

I had a strange one yesterday I was by my rod had a run hanger hit the rod I hit into fresh air didn’t feel nothing whatsoever 

Was a weird weekend... I had 4 Proppa runs, even 1 toners... Also mate had 2 or 3... Same here no fish. 

9 minutes ago, Highy said:

Later on that night, we both thought the 1st Initial run was a fish with a trailor and went through the other 3 rods 🤔

Sounds like it. Pity tho 

Highy have you got purple washes on your bank sticks and the alarms to match the purple lights and your line by any chance 🤔