Rod Shots

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Its-grim-up-north said:

He is mate, I was surprised how quickly he took to casting by himself. I’ve told him he’s already better than his grandad 😂

That's really good, I've still got a way to go with mine, but they do seem to enjoy it,and that's what matters when they are young, just takes practice might try and take them again soon 😊

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

That's really good, I've still got a way to go with mine, but they do seem to enjoy it,and that's what matters when they are young, just takes practice might try and take them again soon 😊

I’m just glad he enjoys the outdoors more than anything, I don’t want him being one of these kids who spends there days indoors playing xbox.

2 hours ago, yonny said:

This is what I hate about overnighters mate. Packing up when they're on it is nothing short of heartbreaking. So frustrating.

Yeah I'm the same they always seem to be bubbling in the area round my rods when I have to pack up, I don't blank I just run out of time 😁

I'm just trying to learn how to make the overnighters count, it's still better than not going though, 👍

Lovely shot emmcee well done , I've tried to get those shots before virtually impossible 👍👍👍

3 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I'm just trying to learn how to make the overnighters count

I used to do a lot of overnighters. I'd have to be gone by 6am and it was a regular occurrence walking away from feeding fish. Eventually I just stopped looking at it like a missed opportunity, rather I'd think of it as a means to stay in touch with the water, ready for a proper session. With that in mind, any capture was a bonus and I felt less disappointment walking away blanking having done everything right. 

54 minutes ago, yonny said:

I used to do a lot of overnighters. I'd have to be gone by 6am and it was a regular occurrence walking away from feeding fish. Eventually I just stopped looking at it like a missed opportunity, rather I'd think of it as a means to stay in touch with the water, ready for a proper session. With that in mind, any capture was a bonus and I felt less disappointment walking away blanking having done everything right. 

Its all part of the journey, and you won't learn anything at home, my Mrs was quite surprised I wanted to carry on pre baiting this week after last weekend, I told her "I'm building up to something special you'll see" 😉